6 inch sander question

larry merlau

ok i am looking for 6 inch sander R/O and saw how well steve's done but i am not ready for another greem tool yet:rolleyes: so am lookin at the bosch sanders, but from what i can find out they have H&L paper pads and steve showed me his reasoning for the sicky kind rather than the H&L so any suggestions on how to get there from here?:huh: :dunno: any opinions pro or con appreciated.

dynabrade, masterpower, sioux or dotco with psa backer...

i dont know if i could use one without a power cord:eek: had thought about that tod just dont think i got enough compressor, am going to try and rig up a piggy back for the one i have for more volume, but am not sure it would be enough for air hungry sanders..:dunno:

storage volume ain`t the same as delivered volume, a sander will use at least 10cfm....if your pump isn`t rated 100% duty cycle at at least 10 cfm then air isn`t an option (yet;) )

one little question?

dont want to detrack from the poll thread but does anyone have one of the bosch 6" sanders and can you give me some pros or cons on it? also where would one find a psa pad for such a critter? not lookin fo rthe rotary version just the random orbital version.

but from what i can find out they have H&L paper pads and steve showed me his reasoning for the sicky kind rather than the H&L

What is the advantage of stickys over hook and loop?

I have a Ridgid 6", the model that was made by Metabo, and like it. I have not really driven it hard though. Might want to take a look at the Metabos. I think I spelled that right. Bosch stuff is really good though.

Last edited: