New router system :-)

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Needed a new way to make a certain part for my swap project (will post pics tomorrow on where I am on that) so I now have a incra LS positioner system with an incra lift and downdraft system, color me happy:D now I can complete my project:thumb:
sorry it is upside down, but that matches me:p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 38
Do you need special anti-gravity clamps to hold the workpiece in place? And since it's upside down, wouldn't that make it an UPdraft system? :D

Here are the pics, flipped...

Tom's RT1.jpg Tom's RT2.jpg

Great setup, Tom. I love the Incra fence on my tablesaw. :thumb:

Ha! I was going to say, "that is one way to keep the dust out of the cabinet", hang it from the ceiling.

Looks like a handy tool to have around, nice job on it.

Thanks Vaughn, dont know why pics are either upside down or sideways when I post from my iPhone or iPad??? Same pics will work fine from my Mac at work:dunno:

Tom, you're gonna love that system! I've had the 25" LS Positioner system on my router for many years and added the table saw system last year. I wouldn't want to be without them now!!!

How many different machines do you plan to plug in on top of the router? I count 5 unused sockets on it, or is it that you only have one socket in all your shop? ;)

Oh great Vaughn. Here thought Tom had come up with the answer to that age-old question; "How do I route the top of the board?" and then you go and flip the pictures :D

Very nice job. How does dust collection work? Or just let the chips fly?
David

Looks like he's got a Clean-Sweep (or whatever the brand name is) around the router under the table. That'll be a joy to use Tom. Have fun.

Niiiice! That's a sweet router top :jealous:

And the hinge crafter as well - that's a hint isn't it :D

Oh great Vaughn. Here thought Tom had come up with the answer to that age-old question; "How do I route the top of the board?" and then you go and flip the pictures :D

Admittedly an overarm pin router would be pretty sweet as well but these new fangled CNC guys are kind of making them obsolete :p

How many different machines do you plan to plug in on top of the router? I count 5 unused sockets on it, or is it that you only have one socket in all your shop? ;)

just a temporary on off switch till I get a better version :)

Niiiice! That's a sweet router top :jealous:

And the hinge crafter as well - that's a hint isn't it

maybe:D.......OK yep:thumb:

Hey Tom you got the "creme dela creme" of router tables now. I looked up that clean sweep system and i hope incra decide at some point to second source the other router lift inserts with that idea so they become available to the rest of the market. Since seing the idea i am thinking why can we not slot the ones we have in the standard tables where we have a cavity below the router that is attached to dust collection.
Looks like a job that the CNC guys could do making new table inserts with cut outs in for various router lift tops.