Thread: Happy Veterans Day!

Kansas City, Missouri

Happy Veterans Day!

Thank you to all that have served and those serving.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Yorktown, Virginia
    ..and Happy Remembrance Day to our friends up north. A special day to remember all those who serve or served.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Thank you to all who have, are, or will serve their country.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

GTA Ontario Canada
    Thank you to all that have served or still serve in the various services and I include police, firemen and paramedics besides the armed forces.
    I was a little disappointed today at the turnout at the ceremony held near where I live. Crowd gets smaller each year as the members of the legion get fewer and fewer. One would think we can spare a few minutes of our lives once a year to pause and remember all the fallen in various conflicts , heck we owe our life of relative security to them.
    I despise the companies making a commercial sale out of a event like veterans day or remembrance day whichever you prefer to call it. Can't we have just one day without commercializing it.
    My thoughts today were for my Dad who spent years at sea battling the German navy in WW2. I was wondering just how many sea miles he covered in less than luxury craft.
    Then I was thinking about the thousands of young men who died in South Africa in the bush war that went on across the borders of South Africa and South West Africa at one time facing over 20 000 Cuban soldiers all because of cold war. They would have be around today but sadly their ultimate sacrifice was in vain.
    We take our security too much for granted in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk