well, just because the shop is shut down for the season, doesn't mean i get to stop working on stuff. got the first set of parts for one of the dining room chairs done, along with all six back legs. now i just have to get the other two sets sanded. tonight i started the finishing process, which won't be truly done until the spring. at least i got a start with dying the first set of parts. the next step would be to give it a light sanding to knock down the grain, and 3 coats of shellac, before assembly. come spring, it will be that part, along with the re-engraving of the upper back parts. the parts for the fourth one (which replaces the one given away with the dining table) will be done in the spring as well.