Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday What's doing?

It's Friday What's doing?

Today is our 44th wedding anniversary I don't know how Marilyn has put up with me all these years. 11/13/71 was the best day of my life
    Tonight we are going to one of our favorite Italian restaurants then a movie. Another wild night ahead. Will be in bed by 9:30

Saturday we are off to Vermont to watch our oldest grandson play in a all star football game. Last week his high school team won the state championship.

I've taken on the job of being chairman of the annual Thanksgiving Dinner at our church on 11/22. I'm trying to organize help and will have to shop for food for around 180-200 people. This is the first year I've taken the lead but I've been a helper every so I think it will go OK. Sunday after church I'll be organizing the help we have so far.

Sunday is also 2 of my grand kids birthdays so we have a party to go to in the afternoon

Swap project is done. Just needs to take pictures and get it in the mail.

What's up with you folks ??????
    Faith, Hope & Charity

It's a busy day at work today, but just rolled out some much needed changes. Not sure if we have the grandson tonight, but plan to hang out with him. I have new wiring for the cnc and want to build a new controller cabinet for it, so plan to work on that off/on this weekend. Have lots of leaves to chop up in the yard too.

Congrats Bob and Mrs. Bob!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Spending this afternoon loading up a bunch of yard waste and hauling it to the dump. I started loading the pickup a week or so ago, but was in no hurry to fill it and haul it off. Then I learned yesterday that I'd be spending Sunday helping a friend move (actually, my lift gate will be doing the helping), so I need to get with the program and get the yard stuff and dump run done.

Tonight we're playing a show at one of our favorite local taverns, and I've got a newly-rewired guitar to add to the arsenal. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds in the mix.

Saturday will be a "do what the wife tells me to do" kind of day, and Sunday will be the aforementioned moving party.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Congrats to Bob and the Mrs.!!

My first holiday show starts tonight. Sharing a booth with my dad...the 4th or 5th year we've done this show. Gets better each year and this is the 38th year they've been doing it. That'll wrap up around 2pm tomorrow and then I hope to sit around the fire pit with some friends and drink a few beers before it gets to cold to do so. Sunday will be the Packers game and shop time...2 more shows coming up in a few weeks!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Cleaning today and tomorrow. Place is a sty. This is the first time I have had some energy. I don't much like stys. I am not a neatnik, but I do draw the line!

If I get done early enough and I have some energy left, I will try to get some work done on the cnc project. Last time I tried that I lasted 2 minutes. Seriously.

Sunday is a short day for me at church. Afternoon is open. Maybe a face plant on the pillow.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

I've been doing some tweaks on my CNC this afternoon; more in another thread after testing.

I'll have some shop time Saturday - more cleanup and more testing on my CNC.

Sunday should be the usual: brunch - NASCAR - whatever..........
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Well, it's leaf cleanup season here.

This is the time that I put the outside to bed and tuck in for the winter. I don't think of it as a bad thing. I kinda like winter. It gets dark early and I chill out better. It's nice to have open garage doors in the warm months, but it's nice that I don't need to do yard maint.

So - major yard cleaning this weekend.

Gotta make some house warming gifts for a couple of friends with new digs. A bit of garden work picking peas, pulling weeds and squashing cabbage loopers.

Oh, yeah! The Crockpot is emitting the smells of ham & bean soup. Maybe some corn bread tomorrow, too.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

44 years ! Congratulations! .
    Hunting Tomorrow, Return Sunday and relax.
    Captured by the Paris attacks this evening.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com