It's Friday What's doing?

Bob Gibson

Today is our 44th wedding anniversary :eek: I don't know how Marilyn has put up with me all these years. 11/13/71 was the best day of my life :champagne::wedding:
Tonight we are going to one of our favorite Italian restaurants then a movie. Another wild night ahead. Will be in bed by 9:30 :zzz:

Saturday we are off to Vermont to watch our oldest grandson play in a all star football game. Last week his high school team won the state championship.

I've taken on the job of being chairman of the annual Thanksgiving Dinner at our church on 11/22. I'm trying to organize help and will have to shop for food for around 180-200 people. This is the first year I've taken the lead but I've been a helper every so I think it will go OK. Sunday after church I'll be organizing the help we have so far.

Sunday is also 2 of my grand kids birthdays so we have a party to go to in the afternoon

Swap project is done. Just needs to take pictures and get it in the mail.

What's up with you folks ??????

It's a busy day at work today, but just rolled out some much needed changes. Not sure if we have the grandson tonight, but plan to hang out with him. I have new wiring for the cnc and want to build a new controller cabinet for it, so plan to work on that off/on this weekend. Have lots of leaves to chop up in the yard too.

Congrats Bob and Mrs. Bob! :thumb:

Spending this afternoon loading up a bunch of yard waste and hauling it to the dump. I started loading the pickup a week or so ago, but was in no hurry to fill it and haul it off. Then I learned yesterday that I'd be spending Sunday helping a friend move (actually, my lift gate will be doing the helping), so I need to get with the program and get the yard stuff and dump run done.

Tonight we're playing a show at one of our favorite local taverns, and I've got a newly-rewired guitar to add to the arsenal. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds in the mix. :thumb: :guitar:

Saturday will be a "do what the wife tells me to do" kind of day, and Sunday will be the aforementioned moving party.

Congrats to Bob and the Mrs.!! :thumb:

My first holiday show starts tonight. Sharing a booth with my dad...the 4th or 5th year we've done this show. Gets better each year and this is the 38th year they've been doing it. That'll wrap up around 2pm tomorrow and then I hope to sit around the fire pit with some friends and drink a few beers before it gets to cold to do so. Sunday will be the Packers game and shop time...2 more shows coming up in a few weeks!

Cleaning today and tomorrow. Place is a sty. This is the first time I have had some energy. I don't much like stys. I am not a neatnik, but I do draw the line!

If I get done early enough and I have some energy left, I will try to get some work done on the cnc project. Last time I tried that I lasted 2 minutes. Seriously.

Sunday is a short day for me at church. Afternoon is open. Maybe a face plant on the pillow.

I've been doing some tweaks on my CNC this afternoon; more in another thread after testing.

I'll have some shop time Saturday - more cleanup and more testing on my CNC.

Sunday should be the usual: brunch - NASCAR - whatever..........

Well, it's leaf cleanup season here.

This is the time that I put the outside to bed and tuck in for the winter. I don't think of it as a bad thing. I kinda like winter. It gets dark early and I chill out better. It's nice to have open garage doors in the warm months, but it's nice that I don't need to do yard maint.

So - major yard cleaning this weekend.

Gotta make some house warming gifts for a couple of friends with new digs. A bit of garden work picking peas, pulling weeds and squashing cabbage loopers.

Well, it's leaf cleanup season here.

This is the time that I put the outside to bed and tuck in for the winter. I don't think of it as a bad thing. I kinda like winter. It gets dark early and I chill out better. It's nice to have open garage doors in the warm months, but it's nice that I don't need to do yard maint.

So - major yard cleaning this weekend.

Here too. Another half day should take care of most of the leaves, then there's some firewood to go in and I have to find a place to store four 1000litre totes somewhere that they won't freeze.

The big excitement is putting a new battery in the dump trailer and delivering 6 yards of sheep manure (that's country-speak for compost :)) ) to a gardener friend. A somewhat different aroma than Carol is cooking up :)

Heading to Paris in a couple of weeks. Tonight's events are bringing that plan into sharp focus.

Last edited:
Probably do some work/work. Probably too cold to do much in the way of outside stuff. We'll see if the shop is warm enough for me to do some organizing. Would like to spend a little time on the CNC this weekend.

Need to repair the brakes on the quad, so might do that, if I get ambitious.

Other than that, might just be an indoor sort of weekend. We'll see. Guess I'm saying I'm not going to plan too much, LOL.