a package showed up today....

Dan Noren

Staff member
...from the wilds of new mexico! thanks vaughn! the wife :blah: and i just love it! it even provided a bit of humor too. herself wanted to see how it worked, so, i poured in some peppercorns, and did the demo. showing how you can adjust the grind and such, with the ground pepper going into her hand. for some reason (known only unto her) she decided to give it a taste :eek:. you should have seen her break a few land speed records :scram: on the way to the bathroom to rinse her mouth out. needless to say, i found it quite awful :( (on the outside, but on the inside :rofl:). just terrible, terrible....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• swap item.jpg
    swap item.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 34
That's a mighty purty grinder!!! Congrats to you and to Vaughn for making such a great design!

Now...where did you say you're taking the missus for dinner????? ;)

I love the form and the finish is really quite fantastic (that is really what I think!).

I do wonder what kind of wood it is though? maple with some dye?

:rofl: Dan I suspect that we'd have to dial back the spice level at our house if you ever come through here, a lot of the stuff we eat makes straight black pepper look pretty mild by comparison. Now accidentally getting inhaling it is a whole nother ball of wax... whooo!

ryan, i think the wood is cherry, but i could be wrong. she didn't inhale it, but direct application to tongue. (and she calls me silly....)

no dinner for self inflicted silliness bill. :rolleyes:

Careful Dan, that thing can also be used as a bonker. :gonnagetit: But you were right...it's cherry. Glad you and the little missus like it. :thumb:

Great project Vaughn!

Just for general info to everybody in case you didn't know it. When wanting to get rid of the hotness (don't know if this is the word) of having eaten jalapeños, habaneros, scotish bonnet, or naga jalokia peppers or any other hot stuff DO NOT DRINK WATER or RINSE YOUR MOUTH WITH WATER, BEER or OTHER!

Capsicum which is the substance present in all those and responsible for the "fire" doesn't dissolve in water so drinking water is useless, it is best to drink or/and rinse your mouth with whole fat milk or even olive oil or sunflower oil as capsicum only dissolves/dilutes in liquid fats not water.