SketchUp 2016

Dave Richards

In case anyone is interested, SketchUp 2016 was released yesterday. If you're running Win 10 or Mac El Capitan you should upgrade because older versions aren't fully compatible with these newer operating systems. Go here to get it.

You're welcome, Rob. There's some cool new stuff like improvements to the inferencing system, too.

For those upgrading, do not copy plugins from an older version. Install fresh copies

Thanks, Dave. I'll have to give it a try soon. I'm still running v2015 on all three PCs and have Win10 on my laptop. I haven't noticed any issues, but I'm not doing a lot of SU work now due to using VCarve for most of my CNC work. I do find that some drawings are a bit easier in SU and I can import the skp directly into VCarve with no issues.

It may be that it is working for you and that's fine. There are many reports of problems with SU2015 and earlier on Win 10. And the SketchUp folks have stated that those versions are not fully compatible with the newer OS. As long as it is working for you, though, keep using the older versions.