Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Again!

Friday Again!

Boy, Fridays come around quick. Doctor's appointment today. Tomorrow is interesting. Funeral in the morning. Birthday party in the afternoon, Good friend coming in for a couple of days tomorrow as well. I will be bushed! Sunday two services and putting up a storage shed later. Monday the roof is being replaced on my motorhome. Will take three days. That is enough excitement for one weekend! Add to that is yesterday I pulled a muscle in my back and can barely breathe today. I was simply drawing a glass of water from my water cooler. Go figure.
    Last edited by Carol Reed; 11-20-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Just got postage printed for the swap item to go out in the mail then headed to town to do some banking. Got a couple metal signs designed this morning that were ordered for Christmas presents. Getting ready to heat to Houston for a week for Thanksgiving on Sunday morning. Baby girl has had ear infections this past week and is still a little whiny and clingy and I'm mentally exhausted!! I'm ready for the break and to visit family!

WOW

YES

NO ALARM CLOCK on Saturday

I need to clean the shop and get back to the kitchen island.

My machine is in New York - so I want that island out of the shop - FAST --- like BEFORE the machine gets here

Dang, Carol...sounds like you're gonna have enough fun for all of us. Take care of that back.

We've got a show tonight at a local sports bar. We're the opening act, so I'm going to the club about noon to work out the details of setting up our PA system beside or in front of the other band's. (We'd rather use our system than theirs.) I'm not real fond of gigs like this, because it means we have to tear down at breakneck speed so the other band can take the stage. I'd much rather take my time and pack up carefully so nothing gets lost in the shuffle.

Saturday I'm going to be doing some handyman stuff around the little chile store where LOML has been working. Nothing fancy, just securing some shelves to walls and things like that. Also have various chores around the house to get done.

Sunday is wide open at this point. Might just get a bad case of the lazies and do as little as possible. We'll see.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Celebrating a magic number today. Fifty years ago the snack lady and I were married in a huge snow storm in a little town on the St Lawrence river in the wilds of upstate NY. We made it as far as Massena before the snow got too bad and ended up honeymooning in an old motel with a case of champagne and not much else. What were we thinking.....18262 days together....we each could have had at least two or three other spouses during this time, maybe more. Nah....too much trouble The rest of the weekend? Well, we did buy a couple of bottles of champagne!
    Last edited by Ted Calver; 11-21-2015 at 02:32 PM.

No grandson this weekend, but it's gonna be cold, so may work on some house projects. If the winds die down, I may chop up some leaves. Got a case of wooden car wheels the other day, so need to work on some cars for gifts.

Congrats Ted and Mrs. Ted!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    Monday the roof is being replaced on my motorhome. Will take three days.
    I was curious how this was done and found the following video. Personally I found it better with the sound muted.

As for myself, I need to finish up the floor trim in the master bath where I built a paneled wall several (Ok maybe longer) years ago.

I need to start designing my next project based on the following inspiration:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step-Back Cupboard_Michael_Dunbar_2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	93468
    Last edited by Bill Satko; 11-20-2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Thanks Ryan!
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

LOML and I had lunch at a local Tex-Mex place today, then did a little shopping to pick up the final items for a batch of chili I'm preparing. Maybe a little shop time later.

Saturday will definitely some shop time to carve more wine glass holders on my CNC for friends. We're forecast to have a rainy day, so it might be a good day to stay indoors all day!

Sunday will be preparing for the NASCAR Championship race, starting with brunch, then a lot of laziness!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Looks like its time for the leaves to leaf the yard... so I'm going to have to stop leafing them alone and probably clean the gutters as well. Unfortunately not all the trees are deleafing at once this year (same species 20' apart one is entirely bare the other is still almost entirely green.. yaah nano climates). I need to clean kegs and keg 2? of the 3 beers I made last weekend (not sure about the 3rd, its a rather big beer a clone of: http://struise.com/bieren-beers/pannepot-10-abv-bdsa/ so it may take longer).

Might get some shop time in after that, I have a stack of 2x3's that are demanding to be made into a bucket stand so I can clean up the pantry area... so it would be nice to get both of those things out of the way, and loml is getting more anticipatory about a new bookshelf for the yarn room (its nominally the "craft room" but lets call a spade a spade stacks or buckets of yarn stacks of buckets of yarn) so I should have that in the queue shortly thereafter. Nothing fancy in either case..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    I was curious how this was done and found the following video. Personally I found it better with the sound muted.
    Slightly terrifying every time I see the insides of RV's it makes me want one less. Duct tape? I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    I need to start designing my next project based on the following inspiration:

https://web.mail.comcast.net/service...99747&part=2.2
    Looks like your picture pointed at something inside of your mail client, you'll probably want to upload it.

[QUOTE=Ryan Mooney;443075]Looks like its time for the leaves to leaf the yard... so I'm going to have to stop leafing them alone

Congrats to you and the Mrs Ted. 50 years WOW
    Faith, Hope & Charity