Today in history...

Roger Tulk

Today is the 52nd anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy. The question, "Where were you when you heard that Kennedy had been shot?" defined a generation. I was in my grade 10 French class. Where were you?

Working in a company that made sliding rules for drafting tables. I packed the finished product in boxes and watched the railroad guys out the window do a lot of nothing.

I was working as a repair technician in a TV & radio repair shop, just a youngster learning a trade. I learned of the assassination listening to a radio I had managed to repair. The DJ was playing rock n roll and interrupted his program with the announcement.

Bill

I was in grade 2 did not even know where America was at the time never mind that it has a President or that he was shot. So I am the generation not affected or defined by the event.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Today is the 52nd anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy. The question, "Where were you when you heard that Kennedy had been shot?" defined a generation. I was in my grade 10 French class. Where were you?
I had just arrived back to the Bell Telephone Work Centre in a Telephone Company line truck after climbing telephone poles for most of the day. It was around 4 pm that day when I heard the news! I lived in Owen Sound Ontario at the time.

Working as a transmitter engineer at a PBS television station in Texas. The news staff interrupted normal programming as soon as the story broke.

I was standing in the lower hold of my ship that was going into dry dock for repairs and inventory... we were unloading spare parts from with a 100 pound box of parts over my head handing them up through the hatchway... the guys on the receiving end were jumping up and down and yelling that "Kennedy's been shot, Kennedy's been shot".... I yelled back, I don't give a damn who's been shot, somebody take this box.