I am a slow woodworker. These beds have taken more than a year to complete, not steady work, but slow progress, interrupted by smaller projects and daily life. I used plans from Plans Now with some changes to the dimensions. This is the 1st project I have used plans for, usually I build from my sketches or old style drafted drawings. Another first was finishing before I glued it up.
They are made from hard maple and african mahogany and finished with oil based urethane on the maple and shellac on the the mahogany.
This is a picture of the milled parts for one bed, each bed has 8 floating slates in the head and foot board.
Here is the completed bed set.
I enjoyed this project, but still glad to move on to something else.