Howdy all! Long time, no see.

John Pollman

Howdy!

I haven't been around here in quite a while. Things aren't going well with me health wise so I haven't been doing any woodworking because of it. But today my wife was out shopping and picking up a few things. We needed hand soap for the bathroom. She saw this and figured I'd like it. She was right, it's pretty nice! :)

Teak soap.jpg

Good to see you, John. :wave: Sorry to see about the health issues, but don't let the lack of woodworking keep you from hanging out here with us. There are a few of us here who've not done much (if any) woodworking for a while. ;)

Hi John,

It is great to hear from you. However, the poor health situation is NOT NICE to hear about. I wish you the very best possible and may it come soon.

I will keep you in my thoughts, especially when I am washing my hands without access to Teak Soap.

Enjoy what you can,
JimB

I really should check in more often. But as I said, things have not been going well. I had been using a cane for about 2-1/2 years, but back in April I spent three days in the hospital at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD for research. I had an appointment with their PT and OT. The minute they saw me walk in they told me to ditch the cane and use a walker. In fact, they gave me one and I started using it right away. It has helped a lot. Unfortunately, my condition is starting to progress rather quickly. Over the past few months, my legs are getting markedly worse. If things keep going the way they have been lately, I'm afraid that I'm going to be in a wheelchair within the next year or so. I know that's not the end of the world, but it's terrifying! I'm just having a very difficult time dealing with this emotionally as well as physically.

Welcome back John! And sorry to hear aboutl your health issues, but if you miss ww there ae things that you can do even sitting, knife carving is one of them, and basswood is a joy to carve, so don't let those inconveniences take you away from something you like.