Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funky Friday

Funky Friday

Cold here. 57 was the high. Winter weather watch with freeze warnings this weekend. And a bit of wind. Soup day for sure. And some rain which is good.

Had a couple of outside things to do, but decided to stay in. They can wait. Put up a shed from a kit this past weekend. My friend Marilyn came to visit and she loves this stuff. Mostly I handed her stuff and held a wrench on the other end of hardware she was attaching. I spent a lot of time sitting in a chair watching her. Few things left to square it up so the doors closely properly.

Maybe some time with the CNC build tomorrow.

Staying warm and off my foot. Trying not to catch a bug. Not good when you have an open wound.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

I can just see you. When your time comes "...runnin around Heaven all day."

Please be nice, behave, etc. and get well.

By the way, if that vertical air compressor I gave you has been sitting upright all this time, the oil may have separated out and the darn thing might work. I put this in here because I thought of it again. I have meant to say this many times, but never seemed to manage to think of it when I had access to the web.

Enjoy,
    JimB
    Last edited by Jim C Bradley; 11-28-2015 at 02:57 AM.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Well no time for black Friday shopping for me, when I got home had to change and get stuck in painting again.
    With a bit of luck we should be done this weekend. Then we can move.
    Had ducts cleaned during the week and oh boy this place probably has never had it done before ever. The filter I removed from the oil furnace was beyond description. I could not believe previous owner had any circulation with it.
    Had a bit of fun trying to find replacement, my luck its a non standard size.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    cheers

Got freezing rain here today, got about 1/4" of ice on the trees. Made it up to the shop for about a half hour, but too cold to work, so picked up the office. Found I have a pet opossum in the shop the other day. So I put a one way door over the hole he was using under the back wall of the shop, put a block over the other one. Found he tried to dig under it and the rag I put in the hole for the other one wasn't moved, so I think he's been evicted.

Mostly been doing xmas decorating today and making new memories with the grandson, so no complaints here.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Got freezing rain here today, got about 1/4" of ice on the trees. Made it up to the shop for about a half hour, but too cold to work, so picked up the office. Found I have a pet opossum in the shop the other day. So I put a one way door over the hole he was using under the back wall of the shop, put a block over the other one. Found he tried to dig under it and the rag I put in the hole for the other one wasn't moved, so I think he's been evicted.

Mostly been doing xmas decorating today and making new memories with the grandson, so no complaints here.
    "Possum's don't eat much and he was probably just trying to stay warm... biggest problem is they stink.

We had one get into the garbage can -- no idea how he climbed up a 33 gallon garbage can -- but when we found him, I just left him in for the garbage men to dump... probably would have been fun standing on the curb when they dumped the can.

This was a few years back, but I had a squirrel or pack rat using my tools for storage lockers...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nuts in saw 003.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	93583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nuts 002.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	93584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nuts in saw 001.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	93585

Haven't seen them since the black snake moved under the shop .. or maybe it was the rat snake that like my thermometer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4484.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	93586

Carol,
    You take it easy and let the foot heal... watch out for them bugs... they make life hard when you're trying to heal.
    Last edited by Chuck Ellis; 11-28-2015 at 03:42 PM.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Thats too funny Chuck, i had to move my generator housing given we moving, and under it was a huge pile of pine cones off the local trees. Somebody was storing them there and i guess totally forgot about them. In our case most likely squirrels.

Oh well getting the skew look to get moving and go do more painting you all enjoy your day.
    cheers

Funky Friday is right! We had steaks on "turkey day", then I put two turkeys in the smoker Friday morning. Go figger!!!

Today, Saturday, I finished transplanting some staghorn ferns and will probably throw something on my CNC shortly. Although, maybe I'll go take a nap!

Sunday? Well, I don't quite know since NASCAR season is over!!! Maybe we can find something to do.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

A little road trip, mostly work, some pleasure along the way, but very good food throughout.

Had Friday off as well, racked the beer (3 batches) and made ~45lbs of sausage. Need to smoke two of the sausages today and break down a turkey for smoking for lunch meat tomorrow.

I thought I would be working on Christmas presents, but "she" thought I was going to paint the front door red to keep the good chi flowing.... So, flow on chi, flow on. Making sausage and beer sounds like it might make the good chi flow too.