Well Jim O'Dell- Some time for woodworking now

Allen Bookout

Jim,

I stayed up until 1:17am to watch your Dallas Mavericks. What in the world did you do to those guys? I guess the good thing is that you will have some time for woodworking now. The Houston guys may have some time on their hands also if they don't watch out.

I do like that run and gun stuff though.

Allen

Allen, the Mavs are taking lessons from the Cleveland Indians. The Indians season is often made up of playing good ball up to the all star break and then take a greased slide to the basement.

Some of these sports are getting crazy. Baseball starts a month too early and ends a month too late. Any time you have to play a summer sport in snow is just screwy.

Same for basketball. It is a winter sport, not something that runs until mid May. Of course BB has two seasons, the practice season and the playoff season.

The NFL doesn't get a free ticket either. It is the biggest bribery game in the country. Build me a new stadium of I will go somewhere else. A case in point is the new Cowboys stadium. Can you say 'one billion dollars'? Yes with a B!

Truth in complaining: I am not a big sports fan, but I do enjoy some baseball and football(mostly college.) I don't care if the NBA exists or not. Ditto for soccer, and the other minor sports. If you like them, great and do enjoy them.

Truth in complaining: I am not a big sports fan, but I do enjoy some baseball and football(mostly college.) I don't care if the NBA exists or not. Ditto for soccer, and the other minor sports. If you like them, great and do enjoy them.

I used to be a big fan but now I only watch basketball, football and some tennis and then I only watch at playoff time. I think that is because the seasons are too long like you said. Bribery is a good discription of the NFL. I do not support any teams that have moved to another city after they have been supported for so long by the hometown fans and city. The only team that I can think of that had a respectable reason to move was the Dallas Texans since at that time Dallas could not support two teams.

Yeah, it was just sickening!! I said when Avery sat 3 starters the last regular season game with the Warriors, that it was a mistake. They should have tried to knock them out then, and if they couldn't do it, and recent history shows they probably couldn't, then at least they could have tired them out for their last regular game and maybe they would have gotten beat then.
Don't know who is to blame for this post season debacle, but they only played like the regular Mavs team for about 40 minutes the whole series. I was very uneasy about this series from the start. Like life, all parties are to blame equally I'm sure. But Dirk is such a rhythm player, that I don't think I would have had him rest that much during the end of the regular season. But who am I to say, I never played basketball!!:rofl:
And Allen, you watched a lot more of the game than I did! I went to bed when they got down by 10 early in the 3rd quarter! I knew what was coming I guess.:D I just wanted them to go to game 7 as I had a possibility for some free tickets to the game.:doh: Jim.