Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherry bookcases

Cherry bookcases

Saw this video and thought it really neat. I would need to buy guns to put it in though!

http://www.qlinedesign.com/
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Sure beats stacking them in a corner

Jonathan I don't think you would feel comfortable having to make so many moves to get to a gun. just make the cabinet and let the wife decorate with her things.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

That would be a fun project to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Jonathan I don't think you would feel comfortable having to make so many moves to get to a gun. just make the cabinet and let the wife decorate with her things.
    You don't need fast access to ALL of your guns. I have a few in various "quick" locations and the rest are locked up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I understand the need of keeping guns concealed and away from sight to prevent theft, but I wonder why would anyone make a video later and post in on youtube.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    I understand the need of keeping guns concealed and away from sight to prevent theft, but I wonder why would anyone make a video later and post in on youtube.
    I think it's because he's selling custom secret bookcases.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Vaughn has it correct, he has them advertised at $4,500.00. No, am not considering building that. A 64 gun safe is in my future. Just thought it neat and would like to see one after about 5 to 10 years of use.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

While these are cool, you're right, long term use of one would show the wear and make things obvious that it's not what it seems. Besides, even if I'm at home, one is only a belt loop or pocket away. For the rest, they can go in the safe, I'll use that one to make my way to the safe if need be.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    While these are cool, you're right, long term use of one would show the wear and make things obvious that it's not what it seems. Besides, even if I'm at home, one is only a belt loop or pocket away. For the rest, they can go in the safe, I'll use that one to make my way to the safe if need be.
    Jon

That was a neat cabinet and I like secret compartments and such... not sure I would use it for guns. As was said, a lot of use would show wear and tear and give away the obvious. I'm not an advocate of guns, though with events like San Bernadino, may have to rethink my position... but I read a statistic somewhere that said more people are killed with their own guns than by invaders with guns...

The only murder trial I sat the jury on was a case where a man was killed in a convenience store... he had a gun, a .38, under the counter, the robber ran in with a .45, shot up the place, jumped the counter and struck the clerk in the head with the .45, then grabbed the .38 from under the counter or from the clerk and shot the man to death with his own gun....
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.