I did my first black friday shopping

Bart Leetch

I did a lot of reading before purchase.

Then I called the store & had my name put everything I wanted to pick up.

Then we drove to Bellingham & picked everything up & went home time at the store about 20-30 minutes. Works like a champ $539.00

Home
|
8750 Peak/7000 Running Watts, 13 HP (420cc) Generator EPA III

Predator Generators 68530 420cc, 8750 Watts Max/7000 Watts Rated Portable Generator

Double click on above image to view full picture
8750 Peak/7000 Running Watts, 13 HP (420cc) Generator EPA III
*BEST BUY WINNER* 2 YEARS IN A ROW
See Consumer Reports® magazine comparing Predator to other generators costing up to 9 times more.
Predator Generators - item#68530

Read 138 Reviews
Write a Review
This EPA certified gas generator delivers plenty of power

http://www.harborfreight.com/8750-peak7000-running-watts-13-hp-420cc-generator-epa-iii-68530.html

Nice, I wouldn't necessarily have looked at HF for a generator but that looks like a good one. The electric start is a nice feature and out should sure help keep the lights on and freezer frozen when you need it!

Have you done anything to setup a sub panel with a bypass hookup for the critical items?

Ryan

Right now we are in a 36' 5th wheel. I could have purchased a smaller Gen. set but only wanted to purchase once with the thought of using it for a regular house with a sub panel with a bypass hookup for the critical items. I haven't purchase the battery for it yet. They recommended rolling the motor over with a few gentle pulls on the recoil starter rope to get the fuel into the corroborator & then turn it on & choke it & give a gentle pull on the rope & bang it started right up. The 13 HP motor rolls over real easy, just like many of the owners reviews said. It starts so easily as to really surprise you.

Last edited:
Ah, that'll work, I didn't realize you were still in the 5th wheel. That should more than do the job nicely for what you need now and will work spades for the future setup.

A friend recently (~2 years ago) bought a house with the whole sub panel setup - he was kind of confused about it initially (and thought it was overly complicated) but once he figured out how it all work was pretty stoked with it all once he figured it out.

I'm remembering some of the old generators we had that took 6 pulls (or a dozen cranks in the one case :rofl:) before you had a hope of getting it turned over. Sounds like this rig is quite the dream in comparison.