Friday

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Been a very busy, but productive work week, glad to have it over. No grandson to play with this weekend, so just relaxing a little tonight. I'm looking to start cutting some clutter around the house and shop, so making some lists and planning out the weekend. Yeah, I know that isn't relaxing, but having a plan helps me relax. We have a holiday party tomorrow to attend. Then I promised my wife to finish up some floor moldings around the house for her birthday, so will be picking some of that up tomorrow to get painted and trying to get it started going in. Other than that, maybe a little shop time Sunday since it's in the 50's here.

What's everyone else got going?

Busy weekend here. Lots of paper work - for the house and for a church committee. Also preaching on Sunday and the sermon needs completion. Laundry awaits, as usual. And teaching a class tomorrow night. Four activities on Sunday making that an exceptionally long day. And I am nowhere near in the shape I need to be in to get all this done!

Taster tray and serving tray mock ups for a friends brewery, and a bit of blackboard construction perhaps as well.

If I get through that (unlikely since we're apparently going to the next town over tomorrow so that'll kill a good part of the day :deadhorse:) I'd LIKE to get back to the pantry organizing that hasn't happened for several months, because.. this and that and this and that.

Final touches on the TEMP kitchen cabinet

My shop is TORE APART right not. Cannot really get into any sort of project.

NEW CNC coming Monday

Next week is installation and some rearranging of the shop.

Gonna be a busy week

Tomorrow is the first of my Holiday Markets... so up an off to K'ville early for that.

Sunday I have to tear down the lathe again... looks like the e-ring keeper on the spindle shaft has popped off or slipped out of the slot and let the pulley slide back against the housing, so no speed change and the pulley is locked against the housing and lets the belt slip... Oh Joy!!

Then have to put the new motor on the band saw... it came tonight via UPS. May have to call in a friend for that or else turn the saw over... naturally the motor is on the bottom of the saw.

As it's supposed to get up to 10º tomorrow, I may be able to turn out one last bowl before winter. Maybe on Sunday, too.

I could use a few prayers myself. As I may have mentioned, or not, four people who had been close to me died in three weeks in November. As a result of my niece's passing, I am now helping to take care of her 12 year old daughter at my house (My niece's mother lives with us as well,) and her dog, which I didn't want. On top of all that, my church which I have attended for 25 years is teetering on the brink of closing, and I don't think it will last. This all is leaving me on the brink of a serious depression. I have been there before and I didn't like it. I'm not sure the meds will help all that much. If you can spare a few seconds to mention me to the Big Guy, I would appreciate it.

Sending my best your way, Roger. ;)

Saturday I need to get some more drywall texturing done where I'm installing a ceiling fan in the kitchen. Had to relocate the junction box, so now I'm hiding the old location. Should have had it done days ago, but I've been fighting a cold for the past couple of weeks, and haven't had the energy to mess with it. Also planning to go to a friend's house and help him figure out what it'll take to run some extra circuits in his garage/shop. He has a new Jet 1642 lathe showing up in a week or so, and he's needing some 220v circuits to power it.

Sunday I'll be helping SWMBO get her Christmas decorations out of the storeroom and put on display. Hopefully I'll be able to get the ceiling fan project buttoned up, too.

....I may be able to turn out one last bowl before winter. Maybe on Sunday, too.....If you can spare a few seconds to mention me to the Big Guy, I would appreciate it.
Turning is wonderful therapy, Roger. I know things are piling up on you and hope you can find a way to adjust to the new circumstances and that things start looking up. Best wishes to you and your family.

Roger my thoughts and prayers are with you. All bad things will pass and on to bigger and better.
Vaughn I feel for your cold. Lost 2 weeks to coughing, sneezing and sore throat so I know how you feel.
Now on to better things. Building a simple ladder shelf for Christmas village display. Keep the display all-in one location. Hope to get cutting board going for south west brother. All in all feel-good and the sun is shining.
Peace for all.
David

Roger, sorry to hear of your troubles and challenges. Having a young person around can be a challenge, but a rewarding one too. I'm sure things are hard for her having lost her mother, having a good solid foundation to stand back up on is important. And having been a member of your church for so long, I'm sure you've built relationships that will remain and follow to another to build even more new relationships. Keeping you in my thoughts, keep your chin up and take on those challenges with a positive attitude and a goal to come away with the best possible outcome, and things will fall into place as they should.

Vaughn, I spent a few days earlier this week with what I thought was food poisoning, as my wife had it too and got it at about the same time. Turns out my MIL and daughter also got it later in the week. Been spending the week trying to get back to normal from it. Of course it gave me a sore throat, which turned into chest congestion, which turned into a cough. Thank goodness it's getting back up to the 50's this week, so maybe it won't last.

Roger,

I feel for you. I have been through the church thing before too. The family issues and the depression also are heavy duty. I lost two of my 5 sisters recently - my younger was 53 years old. They I had a bully boss that resulted in my being suspended, due to his bullying. That is serious stuff. My wife was institutionalize many times with depression.

So, I do have some idea where your life is at right about now. Meds help - but talking to a counselor that you can open up to is also necessary.

You have my thoughts my friend.