My boss has two cabinet doors she's been trying to find a cabinet shop to re-produce as the hinge areas on them were broken out. None of the local shops were interested in messing with them or didn't have the bits needed, and she asked if I'd be willing to make them. After she described the issue I told her to bring me the exist doors an I'd see if I could do anything with them.
Here's what I came up with as the solution. I used a dado to clear out the existing tear-out, then fitted new pieces of MDF into them. To help join the new pieces to the doors on the butted edge, I went with a few dowels around the hinge areas to add extra support. I've probably used those dowel markers a handful of times, but boy do they work, got a perfect fit with them and a brad point bit.
I had to order the detachable hinge router bit, should be here next week to finish things up.