Thread: Calling all Grandpas with toddler grandkids or Dads with same

Calling all Grandpas with toddler grandkids or Dads with same

Darren was thinking of you for this one, you can build it for grandson and should keep him busy for a while

http://timothyswoodworking.com/shopt...kyard-backhoe/

And by the way for the guys that dont believe you can make a living from woodworking check out this dining room table but take note of the design, wood and overall effort that went into the piece then the price and notice the "sold sticker"

http://timothyswoodworking.com/furniture/the-madison/
    cheers

That sandbox digger was priced at $1200 !!!! Don't see many selling for that kind of money.

I appreciate the look of the dining room table and chairs. The price, wow! Worth it, probably, would I buy it, nope. Amazing.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

That price is about twice as high as I estimated looking at it. But then I remembered it isn't veneered MDF.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

We've talked about a sandbox for him next year, so may be building one of those for it. Though we talked about doing the metal-less rubber mulch for it too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Put a few critters in the sand for him to try out, nothing wrong with the odd worm or roach going in his mouth.lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    cheers

Nice work indeed. He's got a lot of nice piece on his website.

Regarding the table, its price, and making a living: We have no idea how many hours he invested in it, nor do we know how long he had it done before it was sold. The market for $16K tables is comparatively slim, so you've got to also expend time, energy, and money in making that piece known to potential customers. (I'd be willing to bet it wasn't just someone who stumbled upon it while surfing the web.) Fortunately for him, he's not too far from Sun Valley Idaho, where there are some uber rich folks who like to hang out and "get away from it all" in their multi-million dollar cabins.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble;444056
    And by the way for the guys that dont believe you can make a living from woodworking check out this dining room table but take note of the design, wood and overall effort that went into the piece then the price and notice the "sold sticker"

[url
    http://timothyswoodworking.com/furniture/the-madison/[/url]
    Curiously enough, when you click on the "available to purchase" tab the same table appears on it. What I don't understand is the 1+1=1 legend and the two prices that he shows on it. Problably I am being mean and he only forgot to update web properly.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...