Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Osprey CNC

Osprey CNC

Well,

This is the first of "hopefully" many videos on my new channel - Leo's Workshop

I am having some issues with drivers for the USB port to the machine, so I cannot operate it yet.

But - you can get a walk around of the machine.

Last edited by Leo Voisine; 12-10-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks for the tour, Leo. That's quite a machine you've got there!!! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your production.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

That is a beast of a machine Leo. Those gantry sides appear to be cast and machined. Looking forward to seeing this run.

Check under your device manager to see if the controller is being recognized by windows when you plugin the usb or unplug it. If not, then I'd say try another USB cable, maybe try that anyway, also try another usb port on the computer itself.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 12-10-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

That is a beast!!! Looking forward to see that baby run.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    That is a beast of a machine Leo. Those gantry sides appear to be cast and machined. Looking forward to seeing this run.

Check under your device manager to see if the controller is being recognized by windows when you plugin the usb or unplug it. If not, then I'd say try another USB cable, maybe try that anyway, also try another usb port on the computer itself.

Yes it shows up in the device manager. When I unplug it goes away, and appears when I plug it in.

I am suspect of a faulty BOB at this point. I think the machine was dropped in shipment. The steel skid was a bit mangled.

They should send me a new BOB and I will just swap it out.

The rest of the machine appears to be sound.

I don't think this is a big deal - just a delay.

Yeah, I think they are cast.

The controller board does show up in device manager. It goes away when I unplug and reappears when I plug in.

I am just waiting to hear from China. They are 12 hours time difference, so communication is slow at best.

This is not a show stopper - just a time delay.

So, I have this huge toy and I cannot play with it.

Nice tour Leo. That is one heck of a machine for the value. Sorry to hear of the issue with USB but it will get sorted in time I guess.
    Still amazes me that they have no manual.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    cheers

Saw a thread here with your error message, might compare the version of the NcUsbPod.dll file you have in the mach3/plugins folder with what is current on their downloads page....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/machin...-software.html

http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/Driver/view_161.html

Edit: Saw Annie posted on the 3dSignForum to help you, I'm sure they'll have it figured out in no time.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 12-11-2015 at 04:25 AM.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Definitely a beast, Leo.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Saw a thread here with your error message, might compare the version of the NcUsbPod.dll file you have in the mach3/plugins folder with what is current on their downloads page....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/machin...-software.html

http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/Driver/view_161.html

Edit: Saw Annie posted on the 3dSignForum to help you, I'm sure they'll have it figured out in no time.
    I have several sources helping me through this. I am not afraid to ask for help.

I did download the drivers from cdxhctech, but that did not resolve the problem.

I have tried a few versions of NcUsbPod.dll

Thanks for the zone post, I will read that tonight. At least I know I am not the only one and that is just some settings or something. I am looking in the right place too.

I have several things to try tonight.

Thank you - I really do appreciate you looking for answers.

One BIG reason I bought from this company is because of the number of people on 3DsignForum that have gone before me. They give it great reviews. Once I am past the software stuff, I will do so also.