Kudos to a Catalan Composer

glenn bradley

I don't do Off Topic threads much but, here goes. I have a taste for a wide range of music so, although you will find me fist-pumping to Powerman 5000 I also enjoy other forms. With our own Toni Ciuraneta hailing from Catalunya, I had an epiphany while listening to some Antonio Francisco Javier Jose Soler who was an 18th century Catalan composer. Prolific as all get-out, he wrote over 400 pieces before his death at the ripe old age of 54 (pretty old for that period). I hope I am not too mistaken in thinking that this may be an 18th century composer from Toni's stomping grounds. If I am totally off base, enjoy anyway ;-)

Last edited:
YEs Glenn. you are completely right, he was one my compatriots although separated by time. Not everybody is familiar with his work, just because not everybody likes baroque music or classical music nowadays.

Glenn,

Thanks for showing. I don't know if they still exist, however there were some really talented groups in Claremont, CA that played baroque music on the instruments of that time (klug horns, block flutes, etc. Spelling varies by date and location). Myrna and I used to go with Dr.and Mrs. Fredericksen. Myrna would fight to stay awake and I enjoyed the music---.

Enjoy,
Dad