Pecan Bowl

Dave Hoskins

Thought I would post this bowl. Finished it yesterday. 11 1/2" diameter, 5 1/4" high, and 4" deep. There are folks who want a relatively high volume bowl that does not take up a lot of table space, so I turn bowls like this one to accommodate them. It has a nice heavy base which I prefer with about 3/4" walls. Just a nice solid bowl that looks pretty good seeing it's pecan. As I always to I sealed the wood with walnut oil and then gave it several coats of my walnut oil/shellac mixture. The knothole in the side near the lip I sealed up so the bowl would hold liquids if needed. I took a piece of Vaughn's playbook on that and used coffee grounds with superglue to do that job. Was quite pleased with that. Thanks Vaughn! Hope you all like it. :D

That came out nice, Dave. :thumb: The coffee grounds trick is from someone else, though. I usually go with black epoxy or crushed charcoal and CA glue. (A lot of guys use the coffee trick, though, so you're in good company.)

Thanks, guys! Well, Vaughn. Now you got me wondering who said it before. Now I guess I got something else to ponder. Anyway, who ever gave the idea, thank you. It works nicely. At least it does with Folgers's Gourmet Supreme Dark Roast. :rofl: