Got some good news today...

John Pollman

Hi all!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. About three weeks ago, I had an incident where I had just let the dog out and closed the screen door. I was standing there watching him, and out of the blue, both legs completely gave out and I went straight down and landed smack on my tailbone. It hurt like heck, but luckily nothing broken. I couldn't get up and had to crawl the length of the laundry room to use the step and my grab bars in order to get up. It was a pretty scary situation.

I decided right then and there that it was time to see my physiatrist and start the process of getting a set of leg braces. It went quicker than I thought it would and I picked them up yesterday. For the first thirty minutes or so, they were a little annoying, but I got used to them and wore them the rest of the day. The good news is that so far they seem to be working very well and it appears that I can now get around without my walker! I feel much more stable when walking. I wish I had done this a long time ago!

It's going to take me a little time to get used to them, but if things go well, I could be safely fishing again by next summer!

leg braces.jpg