Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reversing entropy

Reversing entropy

Why does it have to be so very, very difficult!

My workbench has been taken up by my CNC for too long. I've got a few projects that I really, really need to work on and can't work around the CNC in the middle of the shop.

So, Time for a re-org! I'm at that low point right now, where things get even more disordered while sorting stuff and moving things and figuring out what to put away, what to pitch and where to put the stuff that just doesn't fit.

As Yoda would say, 'OverWhelming, It is'. But, like Yoda also said, 'Do or Do Not, There is no Try'.

Ok, just taking a break to whine about things. Time to get back at it.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Many of us follow this cycle. Some more and some less than others. I think it is inevitable with folks that like to 'do' as opposed to 'watch'.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

It took me a whole day to get the shop "cleared" enough to make the beer taster trays. I've been trying to leverage as much use out of that as possible before it descends back into chaos.

There are like 3, or 5 (or whatever) projects that if I cleared them off of my plate would open up a bunch of space (like that one end of the workbench). It seems like its a can't do a because of B and can't do B because of A all to often.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    ... Ok, just taking a break to whine about things. Time to get back at it.

Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    I've got a few projects that I really, really need to work on and can't work around the CNC in the middle of the shop.
    What are you panicking for? It is still another 342 days until Thanksgiving.

Sorry, now that I have that out of my system, I am also undergoing a re-org. I had a project that I needed to start and had enough of trying to work around the disorder. I delayed the project and have committed to the re-org during my holiday time off.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    What are you panicking for? It is still another 342 days until Thanksgiving.
    Thanks, Bill. I knew I'd get bonked on the head if I said that. I was actually waiting for Don to make a comment

342 days? I think I can do it!

Well, It's as reorganized as it's going to get. I've got the CNC situated, the Bench is cleaned off, and the floor is swept up.

I can make progress out here now and that's what matters!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Korn View Post
    Thanks, Bill. I knew I'd get bonked on the head if I said that. I was actually waiting for Don to make a comment
    well Sharon I don't believe in
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I got the corner with the lathe cleaned up last night...The rest is still looking pretty bad.

Good luck Brent...I know you can make this deadline!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151025_120731.jpg   IMG_20151215_204326.jpg  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Last summer getting ready for the Family Gathering I would start on a specific area, it was amazing the different directions it took me. Sometimes the clutter gets worse long before it gets better.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING