Reversing entropy

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Why does it have to be so very, very difficult!

My workbench has been taken up by my CNC for too long. I've got a few projects that I really, really need to work on and can't work around the CNC in the middle of the shop.

So, Time for a re-org! I'm at that low point right now, where things get even more disordered while sorting stuff and moving things and figuring out what to put away, what to pitch and where to put the stuff that just doesn't fit.

As Yoda would say, 'OverWhelming, It is'. But, like Yoda also said, 'Do or Do Not, There is no Try'.

Ok, just taking a break to whine about things. Time to get back at it.

Many of us follow this cycle. Some more and some less than others. I think it is inevitable with folks that like to 'do' as opposed to 'watch'.

:rofl: It took me a whole day to get the shop "cleared" enough to make the beer taster trays. I've been trying to leverage as much use out of that as possible before it descends back into chaos.

There are like 3, or 5 (or whatever) projects that if I cleared them off of my plate would open up a bunch of space (like that one end of the workbench). It seems like its a can't do a because of B and can't do B because of A all to often.

I've got a few projects that I really, really need to work on and can't work around the CNC in the middle of the shop.

What are you panicking for? It is still another 342 days until Thanksgiving. :)

Sorry, now that I have that out of my system, I am also undergoing a re-org. I had a project that I needed to start and had enough of trying to work around the disorder. I delayed the project and have committed to the re-org during my holiday time off.

342 days? I think I can do it!

Well, It's as reorganized as it's going to get. I've got the CNC situated, the Bench is cleaned off, and the floor is swept up.

I can make progress out here now and that's what matters! :thumb:

I got the corner with the lathe cleaned up last night...The rest is still looking pretty bad.

Good luck Brent...I know you can make this deadline! :thumb::D

Attachments

• IMG_20151025_120731.jpg
    IMG_20151025_120731.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20151215_204326.jpg
    IMG_20151215_204326.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 26
Last summer getting ready for the Family Gathering I would start on a specific area, it was amazing the different directions it took me. Sometimes the clutter gets worse long before it gets better.

Ok, I didn't take a before picture, but here's what I am working with now. The CNC in the back there used to be on the workbench surrounded by stuff.

At lesat now I've got room to move and work!

shop.jpg

Last edited:
I really need to go through all the bins and consolidate and reduce. Could free up a lot of space if I did that.

The base for the CNC is whats so heavy, MDF torsion box. It wasn't so bad getting it in there. The bench along the wall was completely cleared off, and I used an intermediate table. Just kind of slide it off the workbench to the table and into place. It fits in there quite well, and the shop vac goes right under.

Only problem is now I need to rotate it around to install some limit switches. Shouldn't be too bad.