Looking at the Calendar I see that It's Friday so what ya'll got planned

Don Baer

Staff member
Christmas is just a week away and LOML is busy with her Christmas baking and decorating. So my job is to be ready to lend a hand. Other tan that no real plans for the weekend. I will be watching the Cardinal play the eagles. Hopping for another road win. Now that they ave clinched a playoff spot they are working on getting home field advantage for the playoffs. What what you guy got on your plate.

I start 2 weeks of vacation:D will be spending the majority in my shop building a dresser with a removable changing top for my newest grandchild coming late February:)

Annual holiday get together with friends tonight. Tomorrow the wife will be shopping so the girl and I will most likely be in the shop completing a framed mirror project we started for the wife. That's all I have planned...short 3 day work week next week and then only 2 days the following one! Hope the good weather holds so I can get the shop cleaned to make room for a cabinet/shelves project I have coming up.

Annual Lions Club Christmas party tonight :D
I just started making 2 American Girl doll beds for 2 of my grand daughters. I'll work on those most of Saturday.
Sunday Church and church pageants.

Christmas vacation starts tonight. Back the stock trailer to the alley way, selling a load of fat hogs tomorrow. Stopping on the way home and picking up 3 donkeys for the grandkids Christmas presents. Sunday then hauling home a 40' elevator. Monday supposed to rain so may lay around, seem to be catching a cold.

I'm starting vacation after today, though I think I'll probably be watching the grandson a day or two next week. I'm thinking about installing a kitchen floor next week, it's been sitting in my garage for a couple of years now, hopefully there is enough. ;) May brew some barley pop next week and have several other shop projects to complete.

Still trying to figure a way to get that 200 lb Christmas tree off the deck and into the house....maybe I'll just wait 'til after Christmas when there's not so much pressure. Gotta hustle to finish four cigar box guitars. Shopping is finally done. Thank you Amazon prime.

I'm finalizing some updates on my CNC and preparing some cherry for carving today. We'll also start bringing plants in since we're forecast to have freezing temperatures tonight.

Saturday, I'll have more shop time finishing some items I've cut on my CNC and doing a little straightening in my shop.

Sunday will be our usual day: I'll prepare brunch, then we'll keep a fire going in the fireplace and just relax!!!

I'm pretty much off for the rest of the year, with a little bit of work work I need to do here and there.

Yesterday got the shop straightened up a bit and the CNC moved to a more permanent location.

Today I'm working on a little christmas present for Sharon.

Over the weekend I'd like to do some more work on the CNC
  • Install Limit switches
  • Create a 3 dimension touch plate
  • Work on my 'coin' process a little more to try and be able to do both sides accurately.

I've also got a few other misc projects to work on.
  • Lighted Street number sign
  • Chicken Feeder

And I've heard there might be another larger project out in the shop that needs to be worked on. I'm thinking I might be able to get some work done on that as well, assuming the temperature cooperates.

My weekend started with a 3:30 AM call from my sister. My dad was not feeling good, so she and my BIL were at his house waiting for the paramedics. Long story short, he had a massive heart attack, but they took him to the best heart hospital in the state. They have him stabilized now and his vitals are much better than when he arrived and they were getting better by the minute last time we were in the ICU to visit him. He's awake and still has his sense of humor. So...I have no idea what I'll be doing this weekend, but it's likely going to involve a fair amount of time at the hospital. ;)

Well hate to hear about this Vaughn...hoping for the best outcome! Having a sense of humor at times like this makes things easier for everyone involved. :thumb:

:D
Christmas vacation starts tonight. Back the stock trailer to the alley way, selling a load of fat hogs tomorrow. Stopping on the way home and picking up 3 donkeys for the grandkids Christmas presents. Sunday then hauling home a 40' elevator. Monday supposed to rain so may lay around, seem to be catching a cold.

Just a relaxing weekend around the farm, Jon. What are you planning to do after lunch ? :D
Is that a hay elevator, two 20' sections with a single chain and motor? We have a 20' one we bought used many years ago. Just about the most useful machine around here, especially when combined with 3 or 4 twenty year old boys.

My dad's in good hands. Sharon & Brent's niece is currently his ICU nurse. We've been swapping stories about the two of them. :D