Thread: different

different

Ok here an idea I have been looking at for some time now. Random patterns seem to be more of a challenge than the alternative, or maybe its just my thought adjustment is taking a bit of time.

20cm or 8" by about 6.5" finished with DIY DO and nitrocellulose a couple of coats and buffed. Its still a bit too shiny for my liking, but it appeals to the women folk. For me the shape is not as good as it should or could be. Actually if you turn it up side down its looks better and with that in mind I have another on the lathe of a different shape, but its looking better.
    I have added three images at it varies as you go around it, probably need a little slow spinning Gif etc to do it justice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0447.jpg   IMG_0439.jpg   IMG_0432.jpg  
    Hughie

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    https://www.facebook.com/TheWoodenPotter

Awesome piece, Hughie! I agree it might look better upside down, but as it stands it's still fantastic.

This kind of stuff is so cool.....really nice.

That's an eyeball catcher all right. I like the idea. The execution is also first rate, while I'm with you on the glossy being able to hit that with all of those curves is truly impressive.

I'm torn on the layout. I keep wanting to apply order to the spirals, but they keep defying my ability to do so. I guess that's sort of the idea of it, it certainly adds to the tension of the piece and keeps the eye on it longer. The spiral sections that begin or end in the middle of other sections in particular tickles my OCD (for better or worse ). I suspect that that was the effect you were going for though

That is absolutely Gorgeous
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

FANTASTIC - different is GREAT

That's a real beauty!!! Looks great from all angles!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

That is just amazing, WOW!!!!!!!!

The first picture looks like an angled shot of a wrapped mummy's face kind of looking out of the corner of his right eye towards us.
    That is so crazy cool. I cannot imagine the time and talent it takes to make that, but it is a homerun for sure!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING