Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No, I did not fall off the end of the earth...

No, I did not fall off the end of the earth...

Though, you might have justly thought so considering how active I have been here over the past few months.

Things have been busy, as you might have guessed. I've gone back to work, as has Jan, as we try to save up a few extra dollars to facilitate our planned move to either northern Indiana or southern Michigan this coming summer. We are still on track, but things happen almost daily that alter our course a degree or two to one direction or another.

So much to plan and prepare for. We still have the two bathrooms to remodel and I need to build a closet in our den (that used to be a bedroom till I removed the closet). I hope to get the first bathroom done in early February. The second must be don by April as we intend to put the house on the market in mid May...IF all goes well.

My job, though only 30 hours a week for most of the year, goes to as much as 65 hours a week in the last month of each quarter as the sales team pushes to meet quotas. I work in the production area of a modem/router company updating firmware and adding accessories per customer demands at quarters end. The other two months I work in the RMA department playing detective. In either case it is mind-numbingly dull work, but it is extra money in the bank.

Not a lot of woodworking going on, but I have done a few things. I will try to get a few pictures posted.

In the mean time, sorry for the absence. Good to see all the regulars are still around and also happy to see some new faces.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Great to hear from you, Bud! Also good that things are getting back on track. Keep us posted, please. Continued good fortune for you, too!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

I've been thinking about you. Glad to hear the you folks are well and busy.
    Sounds like you have a pretty ambitious Spring planned. I hope all goes according to plan.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Glad things are going well and hope all goes well with the sale of your existing and acquiring your new home your going to be busy (busier)

Great to hear from you Rennie. Sounds like you have a plan and micro-adjustments aside, that's half he battle.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Good to hear you and Jan are doing well, hope you had a good holiday.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Sounds like a full plate. Good to see you drop by.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Well at least you're not bored!! Good luck on getting everything organized, moves are always a challenge.

Good to see you around! And it sure sounds like you are busy!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Thanks everyone. It certainly looks like an insurmountable task from my current vantage point. As the time approaches my perspective will change and, hopefully, it will not appear so daunting. So much to consider!

We really can't afford to make a reconnaissance trip out in the spring to look up houses or properties, or even get an idea of which areas we'd like to consider. For that matter, we know we are likely to have to rent for the first 6 months to a year, but don't even have an idea on when or where that will take place. Scary stuff.

Like all large projects, I guess we will just have to take it one step at a time. Right now the first step is to put the closet back in the 3rd bedroom and begin paring down on the belongings in an attempt to lessen the amount of stuff to be moved - and insure there is room on the truck for my tools!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com