Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pecan Muddler

Pecan Muddler

A while back someone posted a muddler. So, seeing they appeared to be easy and quick to do I did some and they slowly sold. This one is 9 1/4" long and has a general diameter of about 1". Sealed and finished with walnut oil, 2 coats. Today a lady ordered 20 of them for her eatery, bar, and store. Such a simple thing but you never know. Now when the snow melts of my logs and I can get started. I can cut the logs now, but I just have a thing about cutting snow with the saw to get to the log. Seems silly to me to do that.

I like the shape, it seems like a nice balance between fancy and functional. I have an exceedingly rough one whittled out of a white oak stick that needs upgrading

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoskins View Post
    Now when the snow melts of my logs and I can get started. I can cut the logs now, but I just have a thing about cutting snow with the saw to get to the log. Seems silly to me to do that.
    Brooms! Its what they're good for

That was me, when I made a few at my kids' request. Nice looking muddler. They are easy to do, and you can play with the design forever.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, Roger. And, you are right. Easy and you can have fun with the designs. Brooms, eh Ryan? That's a concept. I might just have to do that.

Nice-looking work, Dave. I think "muddler" is just a hipster name for "bonker".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    ...Brooms! Its what they're good for
    That is until you've had a enough warm weather to slightly melt the snow, followed by enough cold weather to freeze it into a solid block. At that point, the chainsaw makes pretty good sense, lol.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I hope it don't get so cold as to do that! But, if it does I think I will bang them good with the loader bucket first to get things stirred up. Then cut with the chain saw, and I suppose it needs to be the big Magnum. Funny how it works. Before the snow hits, we have high winds, rain and tornadoes. Then we freeze our buns off. All in the course of 2 days. Wild weather. AWK!!!

That is a great simple looking project, may have to give one of these a try, I've been wanting to do a turning project lately (sorry Larry )
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

If noone wants a muddler, you can always make it into a tool handle.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

I always figgered that if all else failed, I could convince bartenders to buy them so they had a nice tool to rap unruly patrons on the knuckles with. Especially one turned from bodark!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoskins View Post
    I always figgered that if all else failed, I could convince bartenders to buy them so they had a nice tool to rap unruly patrons on the knuckles with. Especially one turned from bodark!
    That works... although most of the folks I know of who are really effective at that are just intimidating enough that they don't actually have to DO anything.