Why didn't I think of this

Glad they show it being used on construction lumber. The radial effect would make the marks pretty irregular length-wise for my use. In the right situation, for people like me who can't keep a pencil behind their ear to save their life, this would be a blessing. Also, the one handed measure and mark ability would make marking things while leaning way too far out on a ladder much easier :D. I think this is in the category of those "razor knife" pencils. Potentially useful for some folks but, no help for me. Clever idea though and I'm all for clever ideas whether they apply to me or not :thumb:.

ooohhhh...I am such a sucker for stuff like this..lol...I gotta have one now..but before I do, does anyone have some real world experience with one. I got pencils all over my shop, with holders (pics below), so they are on every saw, work bench, you name it, must be half a dozen and I still end up looking for one..lol...this may be something for me...but knowing me, I'll probably grab the wrong tape measure, even if I had one. So if I get it, well have to hide all my other tapes..lol

1021069958.jpg

Last edited:
Cool idea. I've often used the tape hook as a scribe on interior wall (like for marking wall anchor locations when hanging artwork). If I needed a mark 12" away from the reference spot, I'd hold the tape's 12" mark on the reference and make a small scratch mark on the wall with the hook. Then I'd use a level to make sure the second mark was the same height off the floor. It's accurate enough for that kind of use, but as Glenn said, I don't think the self marking tape would really be suitable for fine woodwork.