What I did this weekend on my CNC

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
CNC front.jpg
Front view.

CNC back.jpg

Back side of the gantry.

Lots of parts from 5 different boxes. The boxes are empty and there are no parts left over. Yesss!

Next up is to measure the base front edge relative to the z-axis to determine the size of the rolling cabinet this will be mounted on. Tweak the all ready completed SketchUp drawings, get some plywood and get busy.

I must say I am impressed with the beefiness of this machine. And with the orderliness of the packing. Given my first machine was a ShopBot made with conduit hanger rails, this is on a magnitude of a thousands time better.

Lots of fun sitting there with tons of parts and a few allen wrenches happily putting stuff together. Happy grin on my face. Been a long time since I did something useful with my hands.

It's great to see you back in the game, Carol! That certainly is a beefy looking machine!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you complete it and see your excitement with the first production from it. :thumb:

Those pictures are a sight for sore eyes in many more ways than one. They tell me you back at it and that's the most important thing and i for one am very happy for you. Just so cool to see you moving ahead. Hope you manage to keep progress going. All the best to you. :thumb:

I plan to get NEMA 34 motors and it is rack and pinon. So far I just got the mechanical side. I will order the electronic side after the cabinet is done. The electronics will be a turn key system. I have the computer, monitor and keyboard for it. Refurbished for $100. Win XP. Should be good to go. Mach 3 works on that. I had a lot of planning into this before the foot debacle. I am tired tonight, but a good tired. Thanks, guys, for caring and supporting.

That's looking fantastic! The gantry setup looks beefy as all get out and I like the boxing in the table area, that should add a fair bit of rigidity I'd think. Glad to see you're getting back in the game :thumb:

Very impressive looking machine. I really like how solid it looks in all the right places. Very, very glad to see you experiencing the good kinda tired again, Carol!:thumb:

The space I am in is a Maker's space. What you see in the background is someone else's project. Just what it is is a mystery to me. I've never seen anyone work on it. Little has been done to it since last summer is all I can say about it. Sorry, Ted.