Mom almost went home last night

She had a massive heart attack last night. My wife and I road up to see her late and she was recovering well. Just talked with my sister Sue and she said Mom came through the night with out incident. Her husband Phil resuscitated Mom at home after she flat lined. Phil was an EMT in an earlier life. God had him at the right place at the right time. Mom told me last night I'm not ready to go home yet. God Bless Her

Sending my best, Dave. Glad your mam had immediate help.

My dad is still recovering from the heart attack he had the week before Christmas. It's a long road for an 85 year old man.

scary

Dave,

My thoughts will be with your mom and entire family. Sometimes it seems almost miraculous the things that happen to save someone. My brother has CPR and quite a bit more medical training. His wife had a major heart attack last year and he was close enough to hear her speak in a low voice. My brother travels for a living and she is often alone. She couldn't even use a phone to dial 911 so only his being there saved her. The physical recovery is pretty long and usually major changes are made in a person's life. The emotional recovery for both your mom and dad will take awhile too. Scarier to see a loved one go through something like this than to do it yourself.

Hu