Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big dog traumatizes My Dauchshund

Big dog traumatizes My Dauchshund

We were taking our afternoon walk & a big dog ran out into the road and bit a chunk out of out of my dog Mary's back . She is at the vet's right now being operated on & stitched back together. Animal control has been called. Please pray for a good outcome for both Mary & the situation with the owner of the other dog.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I am so sorry to hear what happened. Dachshund's are such cool little dogs. Animal control needs to do something serious about this. Here in Texas, and may be the same there, the owner of the big dog is totally liable for all vet bills for your dog. And, will suffer major fines as well, depending on the judge. Yeah, here they gotta go before a judge in the county courts of law. Maybe it's the same there. Hope so. I hope Mary fares well and has a speedy recovery.

Poor little pup! Here's hoping Mary recovers soon and the owner of the big dog lives up to their responsibility.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Sorry to see the news, Bart. I hope she heals quickly.

The CoC doesn't allow me to say how I really feel about people who don't restrain their dogs. A few years ago when I was living in an apartment and walking my dog several times a day, I ended up buying a 1,000,000 volt stun gun / flashlight after the first time she was attacked by an off-leash dog. I ended up having to use it on a Rottweiler a year or so later.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Hope she is OK
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Sorry to hear this Bart, hope the pup recovers fully.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Sorry to hear this. Time for some pepper spray. Good luck with the owner of the other animal. When a similar situation happened to us, we had to go to court to have the other animal declared a dangerous dog.....and file suit in civil court to recover vet bills.

Here are a few pic's of my sweet 20 lb little girl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m6.jpg   m1.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Wow Bart that stinks for sure. Hope the other owner steps up and dose the right thing without a battle
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The animal control knows them as not being friendly to law men they have been in trouble
    before. I was told they won't answer the door. Our county animal control is part of the sheriff's Dept. On cases like this they have a sheriff's Deputy along to help & or protect the animal control officer.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 01-16-2016 at 12:15 AM.