Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday - 1/15/2016 Edition

Kansas City, Missouri

It's Friday - 1/15/2016 Edition

Woot! I've got a long weekend, plan to do a little cleanup around the shop, take in the new star wars movie, and maybe hit some restaurants (it's restaurant week here this week I've got a bunch of new parts to play with for the pinball, but really need to just get the trim finished up on it.

What's everyone else got going?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Moving a little closer on my machine legs.

Doing a little more on kitchen remodeling

Yorktown, Virginia
    Finishing up another cigar box guitar for one of the grands. Some shop clean up and some garden weeding.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    well my plans are up in the air, we were going down to Brother in Law for some R&R involving golf, food and football but now it'sup in the air due to m daughter in law being in the hospital for kidney stones. We are presently looking after our granddaughter so we shall see. I will be watching football as The Cardinals play host to the Packers in the division playoff game and I also want to see if we will be playing the Panthers or the Seahawks. GO Cardinals...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardinals.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	94209
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Thomasville, GA
    Bobbie and I kicked off our weekend with lunch at George & Louie's today. My favorite is their Shrimp PoBoy and Bobbie says the burgers are the best in the country!

As to shop time, I'll run a couple of pieces I need for my CNC this afternoon. Saturday, I should be able to run some other pieces and do a bit of cleanup.

Sunday will be a day of rest!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

North West Indiana
    CJ is coming for the weekend, tomorrow will saddle up the two new ponies and let him see how well they are broke. Then have to move some bales around while it is nice. Then I need to run a couple cherry, walnut and oak boards through the planer as my students are going to be making a bowl out of a board and man the price of cherry and oak!! Sunday a buddies new wife is having a birthday party so need to go to that. Otherwise, a pretty easy weekend.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

ABQ NM
    Kind of started the weekend last night playing a show at The Barley Room (one of our favorite venues) with the Donohoe & Grimes Project (the band of longtime best friends that I've been playing in for the past three years or so). Saturday night I'll be back at The Barley Room with another band, CRB (Classic Rock Band). They're an established band whose lead guitarist had to quit due to job obligations. Should be an entertaining night. It will either be a great show or a trainwreck of epic proportions, lol.

The rest of the weekend will likely be spent recovering from playing two shows in rapid succession. I'll also be helping a bit with the ceiling repairs at my dad's place, and doing a few other chores to help him out.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Reno NV
    Taking today off and playing around in the shop. I banked a few vacation days from last year and need to use them in the first quarter, so today seems like as good a day as any.

Tomorrow Having some company over for some playoff football and a dinner.

Sunday hopefully more shop time playing with the cnc.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Outside the beltway
    Bikers end of season party tomorrow night ,
    34th Anniversary tomorrow.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Whistlers hamburgers tonight. These are local White Castle greasy goodies. Tomorrow 2 basketball games with grandson. One in hometown then one at 8pm. Then Sunday 1 more game. That little guy is going to be flat wore out as is parents and grandparents. That will tie up my time so will probably miss playoffs. Go Green Bay!!!!!!