Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Gaggle of Muddlers

A Gaggle of Muddlers

I also finished up the order for 20 muddlers out of pecan. They parameters specified by the customer was pretty liberal. Just had to be between 8 1/2" and 9 1/2". Also, only to be oiled. Everything else was up to me. So I had some fun, though I admit that after about 15 of them I was glad it was soon to be done with. I bunched the photos up for simplicity's sake. Also, I actually turned 21 so I told her I was throwing in an extra one for the fun of it. She accepted them and now I am getting ready to ship them out. Didn't know if anyone had seen that many muddlers in one spot, so I thought I would post them. If nothing else, I sure got in some skew practice.

That is truly a mad mess of muddlers!

They look good!

The other project that'll get you a lot of skew practice is to find a wool spinning class and make 30 some orifice hooks (basically little handles with a long wire hook glued in the end) - or as in my case.. have a spinning class find you

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    well Dave looks like you muddled through those nicely , looks good from here.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Thanks, guys! Ryan, may all the wood spinning classes find you! I will pass on that. The muddlers is enough. Seeing she is going to want more in increments of 10, I will turn a couple here and there so I will already be ready for it. Then I won't have to muddle forever. hehe But, it was a nice special order and the shop needs the money for more goodies.

Somebody's got a lot of muddling to do. They look great!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

That's a lot of mojitos!! Nice work, Dave.

Dont know about the term muddlers they look very much like a 1800's policemans night stick to me. Nice work Dave. Make sure to get paid.

cheers

OK, what are mudlers? Other than being pretty are they billy clubs for gnomes, weird ball bats for trolls, or just "other?"

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    OK, what are mudlers? Other than being pretty are they billy clubs for gnomes, weird ball bats for trolls, or just "other?"

Enjoy,
    JimB

Fortunately the fancy facial hair is completely optional...