A Gaggle of Muddlers

Dave Hoskins

I also finished up the order for 20 muddlers out of pecan. They parameters specified by the customer was pretty liberal. Just had to be between 8 1/2" and 9 1/2". Also, only to be oiled. Everything else was up to me. So I had some fun, though I admit that after about 15 of them I was glad it was soon to be done with. I bunched the photos up for simplicity's sake. Also, I actually turned 21 so I told her I was throwing in an extra one for the fun of it. She accepted them and now I am getting ready to ship them out. Didn't know if anyone had seen that many muddlers in one spot, so I thought I would post them. If nothing else, I sure got in some skew practice. :D

That is truly a mad mess of muddlers!

They look good!

The other project that'll get you a lot of skew practice is to find a wool spinning class and make 30 some orifice hooks (basically little handles with a long wire hook glued in the end) - or as in my case.. have a spinning class find you :rofl:

Thanks, guys! Ryan, may all the wood spinning classes find you! :D I will pass on that. The muddlers is enough. Seeing she is going to want more in increments of 10, I will turn a couple here and there so I will already be ready for it. Then I won't have to muddle forever. hehe But, it was a nice special order and the shop needs the money for more goodies.

Dont know about the term muddlers they look very much like a 1800's policemans night stick to me.:rofl: Nice work Dave. Make sure to get paid. ;)

03BGMJtcSNkaM9lYstjBLA-smallw.jpg

Money is signed, sealed and delivered Rob! Good point, though. It's OK, Jim. I had to ask. Then I turned 3-4 and they sold relatively fast. So, I try and keep some in stock. Never thought someone would want that many at a time. I like the gnomes and trolls ideas. I always figgered that a bartender could rap someone on the knuckles with one if needed also. These get shipped out Monday morning sometime. Then it's tamale time.