And with the end of one, the start of another!

Lee Thomas

This little lady is on her way home with me tomorow.
It's a 9" x 30" Dunlap badged Craftsman with super rare extension bed. The motor is a Craftsman if I remember right and is mounted on a great slide mount.

Now at first glance, it appears to be on a dresser, but look close and you will see that it's on a handmade hardwood bench with many drawers. Just out of view is a piano hinged door that is hinged at the bottom. This is made to hold, and still is holding lathe tools. This will also be cleaned up and be put up for sale later on. I will save you the head banging on the wall and not tell you how little I paid for the entire thing tools and all. :D

I will update the photo when I get it home and clened off better. (Oh, and did you see the cast iron sanding disk??)

52078.jpg

Somewhere I have seen that before. :rolleyes: :)

No one seems to have noticed the rare bed extension there either. But I did.

Jeff

On the right ;)

Indeed rare on the extension. This is only the second one I ever remember seeing.

lee, went to your web site for the first time. wow, that is very impressive work...especially the no.4 stanley plane at the top of the page. what is it about the look of a beautiful old plane that is so attractive? am i nuts or are others affected this way?

Well, I have some of the stuff out in my shop sorted out and I am starting to clean the table saw up a bit, but I took a break to take a photo of the lathe now that it's cleaned off and in my shop. I have not mounted the motor back on yet. There is a drawer with the front broken off and missing that I have to replace, but that will be fairly easy.

550711.jpg

550712.jpg

550713.jpg