Oneway Lathe

:huh: Must be a typo. A new 2436 is about $6500 or thereabouts so they must have added an extra digit on the beginning. I mean there are a bunch of sweet accessories but $10k worth? Don't think so. At $6k it's probably not to far off with all the extras.

:huh: Must be a typo. A new 2436 is about $6500 or thereabouts so they must have added an extra digit on the beginning. I mean there are a bunch of sweet accessories but $10k worth? Don't think so. At $6k it's probably not to far off with all the extras.

I agree...that is way high IMHO. There is probably over $2000 in accessories, but not $10k.

I have no doubt that guy spent $10,000 or more on all the accessories. He's got a LOT of high-end stuff. But just off the top of my head I'd say he's trying to recoup nearly all of his entire investment, which is not likely to happen.

I also noticed he has nearly every accessory you can get for a lathe. Can't help but wonder if he was/is a toolaholic who felt compelled to buy every tool out there, regardless of whether he needed it. It also looks like he decided that pen turning wasn't for him. ;)

I really don't think it's a typo. It's just someone who doesn't understand the retail value of used high-end tools. The steady rest and hollowing rig in the first photo alone probably cost more than a lot of lathes. There's over $1000 worth of chucks and jaws. He has 24 live and steb centers. They probably cost him $750 - $1000 new. Three Oneway spindle steadies at $130 each. Ten Oneway Versa-mount faceplates at $30 each. A full Wolverine sharpening system (with three Vari-Grind jigs and every other available accessory). Plus the belt sander sharpening rig.

And that's just skimming the surface of 6 of the 24 photos. ;) Actually, if you add it all up, the $16K price tag might not be that far out of line.

I have no doubt that guy spent $10,000 or more on all the accessories. He's got a LOT of high-end stuff. But just off the top of my head I'd say he's trying to recoup nearly all of his entire investment, which is not likely to happen.

I also noticed he has nearly every accessory you can get for a lathe. Can't help but wonder if he was/is a toolaholic who felt compelled to buy every tool out there, regardless of whether he needed it. It also looks like he decided that pen turning wasn't for him. ;)

Yah, perhaps... I started adding up the pieces but gave up after about 10 minutes.. there is a LOT of stuff there. There seems to perhaps have been a fair bit of "this isn't working so throw more tools at it" based on his chisel selection...

Some of it doesn't entirely make sense to me either, I could see one spindle steady.. but three for a lathe that size? I dunno, I suppose there is something you could turn that could use them all.. but I've gone fairly thin at ~35" (with the tail stock hanging off a smidge ;) ) without even one.. it just seems like it would be terribly crowded.

I agree, Ryan. Total toolaholic. Who needs 10 Versa-mount faceplates? (One is good, so ten must be better!) The chisels and gouges looks like a case of "Ooh! There's a new brand that everybody on the forums likes. I need the full set!"

Alright, alright...I'll admit there are a ton of accessories there. :p

He'd make out better selling everything separately. With as clean as the lathe and area around it is...makes you wonder it if ever got used too.