Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just a bit of snow

Outside the beltway

just a bit of snow

Shelly and I have been in waiting it out. Jarrod took the 4x4 van to work with a snow removal contractor so I'm stuck. Kind ofliking it. Shelly made a 9 bean soup I've been going out now and then to blow off the driveway and walk , the 2nd hand blower works great. We got just about 30"s. Thats a 3 split rail fence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160124_172818.jpg   20160124_172827.jpg  
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Yorktown, Virginia
    Must be the snow, Dave. Margie made a big pot of bean soup too. It's gonna be a noisy night.

ABQ NM
    That's a lotta snow!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Kansas City, Missouri
    Oh man, that's a bunch. I fear we'll see a good snow before the winter is over, but hopefully nothing like that. Kinda hoping we don't get that much total.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON
    [QUOTE=Dave Hawksford;446528]Shelly and I have been in waiting it out. Jarrod took the 4x4 van to work with a snow removal contractor so I'm stuck. Kind ofliking it.
    Shelly made a 9 bean soup
    Name the 9 beans, please!
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    We are on the other side of that same storm. It's gone now and we got maybe 6-9 inches. Just enough to need to clean it. I is certainly pretty. Nice break from all that summertime green.

Last night I made breaded baked Cauliflower, with marinara dipping sauce. I thought it was pretty good, Diane said is was OK, but don't do it again.

Temp in the teens, morning coffee. I will wait till about noon to clean up the mess.

GTA Ontario Canada
    Dave here I thought we were the great white North. I see you guys took the title this year.
    Take it easy cleaning up that lot. Don't want to lose any of u to snow clearing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

new york city burbs
    don't know the exact totals right now, but as of midnight last night, kennedy airport had 30.5 inches of snow. we live right on the east side of the airport.
    Im guessing we ended up just shy of 3 feet of snow now that's its over.
    Human Test Dummy

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    We have a bit of snow here in Niagara, too. About 1cm. I thought about going out with the broom to clear the driveway, but decided it was too much work.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Nova Scotia, 45N 64W
    Take it easy there guys.

Normally, we would be in the heart of that storm about now, as the weather patterns usually move up the coast and across the Gulf of Maine, but happy to report not a snowflake here and a bit of blue sky showing. Newfoundland might get a brush though.

Be safe.