Bench Shots/Weekend projects.

.... Al, I used two filters. One, which I knew as metal lathe was used with plaster in house wall construction before drywall came into use. I searched for over a month and a half for a piece of this and to my surprise was unsuccessful. I recall at one company, the owner said I know what you talking about but I have NOT seen any of that for 33 years. Where upon I said to him: are you suggesting that I am older than you, and of course all I got was laughter. I made the statement I know it's around because I see it from time to time, a piece here, a piece there sometimes at the auctions mixed in with other construction stuff. So, I could not find any of it anywhere. Finally I remembered I had bought two large metal lathe truck tool boxes at the auction some time ago. This metal lathe is heavier and has larger diamond holes, so I dug it out and used the DOOR of one of the boxes and built a wooden frame around it and it has worked out very well as the COURSE filter.

.... The other filter, the “finer” filter I purchased at the local hardware store. They know it as metal cloth and I believe it is designated with a number as I recall but I do not remember what that number was for now. I told them I wanted a piece of heavy duty RABBIT wire and that is what I got. Now, the RABBIT wire has approximately 1/2” squares (square holes) and there is a light and heavy duty grade. You very diffidently do NOT want the light duty.

Good luck and let us all here at FWW know how you make out.

:)

Boyd, I need to make a screen to sift out some soil for my garden. What size screen did you use for it?

Last edited:
My bench shot. While I enjoy working on these things, I miss woodworking and I am ready to start building something out of wood!!

100_8639.jpg

I actually saw my bench top move when I rested the motor on there. Have to pick it up with the lift, I can't even pick it up!

100_8641.jpg 100_8642.jpg

Here she is in pieces.

Jeff

Last edited:
You know it is going to be heavy when you see TWO, not one eyebolt on top of the motor :D

Looks like anothe jewel in the rough you are so fond of!! :thumb: