We Lost a Great Man

Thanks to all of you. Rest assured, I'll continue telling stories about my dad for the rest of my life. And our family is doing fine. His passing was not a surprise, and in the end it was a blessing. We mourn, but we're not sad. :thumb:

Sorry for you loss, but what a blessing to have a great Dad. I know, my Father past in 1981, way too young. There has not be a single day since that I have not thought of him, with love and fond memories.

We had the service for my dad yesterday. It was a happy yet tearful celebration. There were many moving tributes given, and a crowd of around 200 came to pay their respects. The Mayor even sent flowers. (As the city Director of Aviation, my BIL works directly for the Mayor.) Before he died my dad said he had no regrets. He touched many, many lives in a positive way and left a big mark on this world. It doesn't get much better than that, if you ask me.

Boots Gloves and Hat 1024.jpg

Thanks to all of you. Rest assured, I'll continue telling stories about my dad for the rest of my life. And our family is doing fine. His passing was not a surprise, and in the end it was a blessing. We mourn, but we're not sad. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your dad Vaughn. We lost my dad on the 18th, similar circumstances it sounds like.