Thread: a quickie

a quickie

Finished up a while back, this little project for a client, just a little quickie. He wanted drawers that would function and support a new tv in an existing space. The space had an existing baseboard held on with magnetic clips, thus when removed the big roll in tv would not have to be lifted. With a new tv the roll in aspect was not an issue. I built up the drawers to open over the base and allowed for plastic container storage under the drawers, behind the base.
    He also wanted a face plate to surround the new components. It was a build and install only, paint by other.

Attachment 8304

Attachment 8305

Attachment 8306

Attachment 8307

Attachment 8308

Attachment 8309
    Last edited by Robert Schaubhut; 05-05-2007 at 03:02 PM.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

That turned out real nice. It looks like it was always there.

Robert,

Although seeing pictures of your work is NEVER a disappointment (always inspiring), I must admit to sometimes being mildly let down when I anxiously click on one of your posts with 'misleading' titles. There was the one about the doctor's wife, now "quickie". I guess my mind is just in the wrong place sometimes.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Al killian View Post
    That turned out real nice. It looks like it was always there.
    Hi Al,
    Thanks for the kind words and the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Robert,

Although seeing pictures of your work is NEVER a disappointment (always inspiring), I must admit to sometimes being mildly let down when I anxiously click on one of your posts with 'misleading' titles. There was the one about the doctor's wife, now "quickie". I guess my mind is just in the wrong place sometimes.
    Oh Rennie, My mind goes to the wrong place too, let us blame it on the girls...
    It is my fault for misleading you, my mind is sometimes led by trying to be creative. Since I like girls,( have a daughter myself,) I should be less "misleading", but then hopefully no one is offended. The play on words can be a fun one.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Beautiful work Shaz. I love seeing your stuff.

looks good shaz! don`t they have problems with the glass stuff walkin` around when they crank up the tunes?
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Beautiful work Shaz. I love seeing your stuff.
    Thanks Glenn,
    Very kind of you to say.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    looks good shaz! don`t they have problems with the glass stuff walkin` around when they crank up the tunes?
    Thanks Tod, just flat stuff.
    I have a feeling this client does not crank. They seem quite pleasant and refined, more of the quiet Art Gallery type, but then, who knows what goes on behind those doors! They did have some lovely glass.
    Shaz
    Here is how

man! high quality gear just idling.......kinda seems a shame to me.......but then i`m an old-deaf rocker
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    man! high quality gear just idling.......kinda seems a shame to me.......but then i`m an old-deaf rocker
    What Tod? HuH, what'd ya say? I know that's right........... Used to be into loud, but now just the purrr of the machines, sometimes the RAS, TS and the jointer all singing at the same time.
    Oh by the way...old-deaf rocker ...it is nice to hear from some of the other guys, in their threads, how kind you are. I like kind people , especially when they are really rich and need some work! . just kidding
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Here is how