And before you get bored,

Chuck Ellis

I made a set of ballon type red wine glasses on Sucapira stems and sold them earlier in the year. My last weekend at the market, the customer brought them back and said they had broken two of them and wanted to know if I could repair... I said no, but would make them two new glasses... these are the replacements... the picture with 3 glasses shows the original -- you can just barely see the crack in the rim... the two on the right are my remake - replacements.

40-1775R_0.jpg 40-1775R_1.jpg

This is a cherry wood chalice and paten... the chalice is 7 1/2 inches tall x 3 inches dia... the paten is 8 inches x 1 inch.
48-3142_4.jpg 48-3142_0.jpg 48-3142_2.jpg

The little vase is a white oak burl that a fellow gave me.. he had a pile of burls that he didn't know what they were, but turned out that they were white oak burls... he had about a 4 ft tall pile of them, ranging in size from baseball size to just under volleyball size.
42-3141_2.jpg42-3141_1.jpg42-3141_0.jpg42-3141_4.jpg42-3141_3.jpg

All very good looking and nice work. Is the chalice intended for use or just symbolic display? If for use, what did you finish it with?

The chalice can be used... the overall finish is polyurethane, but the inside of the chalice has a plexiglas coating that will keep the wines/juices from staining the wood. I've made and sold a number of these and they all seem to have gone over well.