Wax Questions

Curious you would say "No silicone". Not doubting the value of what you said, I just dunno why/why not. OK, why/why not? :dunno:

silicone is absolutely the worse thing to have near wood! i`ll never allow it in the shop! finishing nightmares for months,even years after the bottle is empty...

silicone is absolutely the worse thing to have near wood! i`ll never allow it in the shop! finishing nightmares for months,even years after the bottle is empty...

Bingo!... Sorry, should have clarified up front, Frank. I worked in a shop many years ago and we started experiencing serious finishing trouble. Long story short... a new mechanic's shop had moved in in the bay behind ours, but we shared a wall, a ridge vent and our exhaust stacks were next to each other. Apparently they were using some silicone lube spray liberally or something like that and it was somehow migrating to our shop, most likely via the ridge vent or the exhaust hood, best we could figure. They were kind enough to switch to a non-silicone product, we sealed the ridge vent, and never had trouble again. Should give you an idea about how nasty that stuff can be if it gets on your wood.