Dedicated Hand Tool Sharpening Station, Can you share your thoughts, idea?

I misunderstood your use of the pump!
I thought your use of the pump, was to run the water through something like an old coffee filter, to try to collect the debris out of the pond, for ease of cleaning. (either run it into your storage, through the filter and clean the container, or if not much, through the filter, back into the pond)

Do you have a magnified light handy down there?

I misunderstood your use of the pump!
I thought your use of the pump, was to run the water through something like an old coffee filter, to try to collect the debris out of the pond, for ease of cleaning. (either run it into your storage, through the filter and clean the container, or if not much, through the filter, back into the pond)

Do you have a magnified light handy down there?

I'm thinking of putting in some kind of filter, will have to find one that filters out the fine grit, but is washable.

I don't have a magnified light, but the light is very good over the pond and I have a 20x loupe

douplet_20x.jpg

Works well for looking at the edge, but I wish I'd got the 30x

Cheers!

Working on the chairs, taking just a bit off the side of one piece, nothing does the job like a sharp hand plane...

IMG_0581.JPG

The block plane is also nice and sharp.

IMG_0582.JPG

How thin are the shavings...?
Thin enough I think.

Boy it was nice to use the dedicated sharpening station, just roll up with the plane iron and sharpen away, when done, just wipe it down with a paper towel and you are back in business.

Cheers!

Today I went to use my shoulder plane, and I noticed that it needed sharpening, and that one corner of the blade was knocked off, it was just gone :eek:

I had to go to my giant King #350 water stone and a lot of work to get the blade back to where I wanted it, and now it is sharp again. In this case the pump was actually useful, as the #350 King water stone (huge green block of a thing) sheds a lot of grit as you use it, but cuts fast. The pump kept that stuff off the stone and going into the pond, so maybe the pump does have its merits.

Cheers!