It's Friday - 2/19/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF!!! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful warm weekend here, but I'll be stuck inside removing bathroom tile and running new water lines. :doh: I've got a new 2" chisel blade for the air chisel, so hopefully it will make short work of the tile removal. I also have some trailing arms to replace on my expedition, but not sure I'll get those done this weekend, but am not driving it again until those are replaced as the old ones are rusted through. We've got the grandson, so most likely I'll see some time on the swing and having him help me do some yard pickup too.

What's on everyone else's plate this weekend?

Things have started to settle back into a more or less normal routine for us since our cruise. Although, both of us have been knocked back a little by sniffles and chest congestion. So much for taking a vacation! :)

I'm wrapping up a project for the neighbor lady next door. She's had a couple of falls in her bathroom, so her daughter bought some grab bars and was going to find a carpenter to install them. I told her not to even think about hiring anyone, that I could handle the task. I'll have to cut into one wall to anchor a brace for a 24" bar. They said they could do the refinishing.

I'll also finish setting up an addition to my Q station: a Masterbuilt smoker and a small table I built to sit it on.

Sunday will be the Daytona 500, so what else would I be doing???

Last edited:
Not much happening here the weather should be in the high 70's so or heat wave has left s now it back to normal Feb temps thank goodness. Volunteering at the food bank this afternoon as usual tinkering around the shop and Gym on Saturday church Sunday morn and I understand there's some sort of an even in southern Florida that is being televised that I might take in on Sunday also.

CNC today and tomorrow! Maybe even Sunday afternoon, if I have any energy left. Still not up to par with the recovery but plugging along a bit at a time. Making progress. Soon some on the CNC that will actually show in pictures. Battling laryngitis still. Over a week now. Last Sunday I had to preach with it and really blew out my voice. Its coming back but not there yet. Have to preach next Wednesday. Hope I can talk by then! Weather is back to normal for February, thankfully. 90º this early in the year does not bode well for the fire season up and coming.

Attending a seminar tonight on fishing up at Pyramid lake, the largest lake in Nevada, which happens to be 7 miles from my house. I've never fished it!

Tomorrow I'll be attending an on the water class as well.

What's so complicated about fishing you say? Well, its a lake, but you use wet flies and you wade out into the lake, then stand on a ladder. Crazy stuff!

They will be showing me how to tie the flies, what kind of equipment you need, and other 'techniques' to catch the big ones!

http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/fishing/techniques/

Attending a seminar tonight on fishing up at Pyramid lake, the largest lake in Nevada, which happens to be 7 miles from my house. I've never fished it!

Tomorrow I'll be attending an on the water class as well.

What's so complicated about fishing you say? Well, its a lake, but you use wet flies and you wade out into the lake, then stand on a ladder. Crazy stuff!

They will be showing me how to tie the flies, what kind of equipment you need, and other 'techniques' to catch the big ones!

http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/fishing/techniques/
Looking forward to what all you learn...and to see some of these fish. Btw, can you not use that boat to fish the lake?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk