Charging Station

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
A while back I bought a large charger with 5 ports on it for charging our ipad, tablets, phones, and watches.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X3JA97E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

It's been sitting on the dresser for about a month being used and works great, however, all the devices laying there take up about half the dresser top. So I decided to use up some of my scrap cherry that I've had laying around and make a station to put it into.

I got all the cherry cut and glued to make some large enough panels earlier today, then planed and milled everything out tonight. I still need to cut some holes for cords into each slot and curve out the corners of the dividers, but it's mostly done other than glue up and finish work The end panels will be screwed on as my cords seem to walk away from time to time when our daughter can't find hers. :doh:

2016-02-21 19.27.02.jpg 2016-02-21 19.28.25.jpg 2016-02-21 19.28.33.jpg

Dimensions are about 10" L x 5 1/2" W x 7" H

BTW, I found we don't use those electrical plugs on top of the charger, so not making any access to them. I may make another of these for downstairs if it works out, just won't buy that same unit again, I'll just get the one without the extra plugs on it.

Last edited:
Errrr I am not sure about that gadget :). Too much of a reminder of too much tech for my liking. Don't know why? I think I prefer the stand alone wart that came with the device. But I think I am suffering from tech overload and lack of shop time. ;) makes for a good excuse to build something though.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

:rofl: Well, when those grandkids come along, you'll have to keep them charged up to take lots of pics. ;) The main reason I got drove to this was the cord/wall wart stealing and screwing them down to the wall plates just didn't look that good. :)

Cord slots cut in tonight, the larger hole on the back is to access the power switch if need be. I didn't realize the power cord was attached or may have gone a different route, but won't see it where it's at anyway.

2016-02-22 21.59.57.jpg 2016-02-22 22.00.05.jpg

Next up is shaping the dividers, then some round-overs and sanding, and maybe finishing before glue-up.

Been finishing up the the round-overs and finishing the last couple of days.

2016-02-27 13.51.41.jpg2016-02-27 13.51.49.jpg2016-02-27 13.53.20.jpg2016-02-28 14.59.04.jpg

I just glued and clamped up all the pieces, have a couple of screws to install on each end and some feet to add, then ready for the charger.