Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Item For My Q Station

New Item For My Q Station

After reading in past months about some of you folks having Masterbuilt smokers, I did a fair amount of studying and decided to add one to my Q station. This is the 30-inch Electric Digital Smokehouse Black w/ Top Control.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MB30_a.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	94701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MB30_b.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	94700

Edit: Forgot to mention I built a small stand from cedar to elevate the MB to a level my back will like better.

I ran it through a break-in of about 16 hours starting at 170°, ramping up to 250°. I added apple wood chips occasionally.

Today, I'm smoking two 6lb Boston butts. They had been in there about 4 hours when I snapped the photo below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MB30_c.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	94699

This is actually my second cook in it. I smoked a slab of pork spare ribs last Sunday, but forgot to get photos!

I still intend to use my OK Joe for large cooks but wanted something easier to manage for a smaller batch of whatever.
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 02-26-2016 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Check images & add stand comment
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Very nice addition! Reminds me I have meat to set out of the freezer to defrost to smoke.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Dang, I'm getting invalid attachments. I've got to say, as much as I liked keeping a fire going all day in my wood fired smoker, there is something just so nice and easy about these electric ones...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I can't see the pics

Invalid something or other. Yes I love my electric smoker. The smokes always makes me think it's BBQ time.
    Meat comes out great most of the time. Can't beat smoked turkey or fresh smoked ham.
    David.

I don't know what the problem was with the images, but I went back and re-loaded them. They seem fine now.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Good looking unit, I'll check in with you in a few months of use and see what your opinion is then, the misses has been trying to talk me into an electric smoker and I can't seem to convert from my weber, 35 years using one has me locked in to it but things can change

After a couple of years on mine now, I have to say It's really great for the things that take a longer time (6+ hours). For things that take less, I tend to use the weber, or heavens to betsy, the gas grill. Just depends on what I'm cooking.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I was looking at those at BassPro yesterday. I have a propane MB and sometimes wish for the better temperature control of the electrics. That one looks really nice. The two door versions are nice too. They didn't have those when I bought mine

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    looks great, it that the model with blue tooth ?
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward