Just one more photo shoot, C-man "100 Series"

Lee Thomas

Here is my new table saw, it's a 1950's "100 Series" Craftsman 10" table saw that's nicely loaded with options. I have the optional 1hp motor (that has the matching engine turned panel) I have 4 blade inserts, both cast iron wings and an optional rip fence clamp on spring hold down. The saw is on a pretty effective dust collector, well dust bin anyway! :D The sale also came with a really nice 6 foot roller outfeed table. I may try to redesign the sawhorses so that I can stack & store them better as well as add hand knobs. I can hand the outfeed on the wall and put it up when needed.

ts2-2.jpg

ts2-3.jpg

ts2-5.jpg

My favorite thing about the Craftsman were those engine turned panels. I have he two drill presses and one still has the original motor but the decorative panel was ruined by the rust. Got to love that styling!

And I really like the start switch too!

Jeff
Who is looking for a couple of vintage starters/start switches like that.

Real nice Saw there Lee

I'll be bringing home my Dad's saw like that & the jointer too I already have the gold colored band-saw to match them. I wish I had a drill-press to match. I'll also be bringing home 2 shapers & a Belsaw planer & other items to numerous to mention.

In one way it saddens me in another it very special. It is very hard to imagine my Dad a retired custom home builder & custom cabinet maker with little or no tools. He is now 85 & has no place to keep much beyond hand tools & small electric hand tools. He told be he is getting to where he is almost scared to use the bigger tools but not quite.

He wore out the fence so the saw already has the fence off my 1997 model Craftsman I kept it & put a Ridgid fence we had put on Dad's saw on the Craftsman saw before I gave the saw away. The Craftsman fence is a much better fence. I installed it on my saw originally I it lined up perfectly & was again perfect when I installed it on Dad's saw. The Ridgid fence complete weighed less then the front rail of the Sears fence & the fine adjustment of the Ridgid was a little rubber ball rubbing against the bottom of the rail real cheesy the Sears has a rack & pinion fine adjustment system.

Last edited: