Glue for dark woods

Al killian

I am getting ready to build a bed for my son and have questiom about glue. I have seen glue used that was made for dark woods. Is there a reason why someone should use the on made for dark wood vs. regular TB type 1?

Al, if you don't get the joint closed up tight and the glue line shows, a dark glue might be useful. I imagine it wouldn't show as much when the finish is applied. When I need a darker glue, I just mix a bit of wood flour into my epoxy. Maple wood flour in epoxy creates a nice brown color.

Al, if you don't get the joint closed up tight and the glue line shows, a dark glue might be useful. I imagine it wouldn't show as much when the finish is applied. When I need a darker glue, I just mix a bit of wood flour into my epoxy. Maple wood flour in epoxy creates a nice brown color.

Ditto that. You can also add dye to epoxy.

Titebond makes a dark wood glue.
I had some years back, but used it little.
Never really had a need for it anyway.

Thanks. I will use regular titebond on the bed. Will have to go get some this weekend, since the wife gets stuck orking on mothersday( half owner of the resturaunt). I give me a extra day to play.:D

Titebond III is a bit darker than earlier Titebond (I or II). But I agree that if you fit things well, you don't need to worry about it. If you were doing laminations where there's a lot of glue lines, I'd worry about it, but otherwise, no.

Mike